UK working holiday visa

If you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) you do not need permission to work in the United Kingdom.

The EEA includes these countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.

Bulgarian and Romanian citizens can be resident in the UK for up to 3 months without a visa but will need to obtain a work permit if they wish to take employment.

 A number of youth mobility schemes were combined into Tier 5 (Youth Mobility), as part of the Points-Based Immigration System. The previous Working Holidaymaker Scheme for Commonwealth nationals was merged with other schemes: au pairs, BUNAC, the Gap Year entrants concession, the Japan Youth Exchange Scheme and the concession for research assistants to MPs

Participating countries must offer a reciprocal scheme to young British nationals. The scheme has seven participating countries: Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, South Korea, Taiwan and New Zealand,  Hong Kong residents with British National (Overseas) passport can also apply, so are British overseas citizen, British overseas territories citizen living across the globe.

For More Information Visit The UK Visas And Immigration Website or for more information on how to apply or to download relevant forms Forms Visit The The UK Border Agency Visa Services Website

If you intend to visit the UK, on holiday, a business trip, to study, work, volunteer or as an emigrant you should get up to date and accurate information from the official website of the The UK Border Agency Visa Services Website

More information about the United Kingdom: