At Sunsail we strive to deliver the very best sailing holidays, giving customers amazing experiences on the water!
We share our customers’ passion for sailing and have built a reputation for unparalleled on-water holidays, customer service and reliability that ensures guests return time after time. Sailing adventures are specifically tailored to every single customer, it could be an adult group or family vacation, from flotilla charters or courses at our sailing schools, we design the ultimate experience that they’ll never forget. Regardless of experience level or vessel preference, we have something to suit everybody.
Our flotilla holidays provide the perfect balance between sociable sailing and unobtrusive support. Working within our flotilla team really allows you to be part of our customer’s holiday; you will ensure the successful running of an organised itinerary exploring beautiful destinations. From daily briefings to punch parties and regattas; flotillas really bring new friends together.
Sunsail is currently recruiting flotilla hosts to work in the Mediterranean for the upcoming summer. Our roles are based in Greece and Croatia and could be based on a one-week or two-week flotilla route. Full and high-season roles are available and following successful summer placements; winter opportunities may become available.
Main duties will centre around supporting the guests, the yachts, the base and ports of call. You and your lead boat team will be the face of the company. Working hours vary and you MUST be able to cover operational requirements. You may at times be required to assist with other flotillas or base duties.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring the safety of all clients throughout the trip
- Being the first point of call for all general client problems
- Full first-day briefing to the entire flotilla and daily briefings to clients on route including local information, attractions and facilities
- All yacht preparation on turnaround days including laundry packs, starter packs and on-board cleaning where necessary
- Greeting clients and assisting with boarding; followed by individual introductory welcome briefs
- Coordinating group meals, BBQs, Punch Parties, competitions, local tours and other social events throughout the flotilla
- Making and buying prizes for prize-giving at the end of each flotilla for all of your yachts
- Accounting and running of flotilla budgets
- Regular inventory checks of both the domestic & safety equipment on board each yacht
- Answerable to clients for any deficiencies in cleanliness or equipment
- Issue and collection of questionnaires and other relevant paperwork with clients
- Cleanliness & good presentation of the lead boat at all times
- Assisting the skipper and technician with all aspects of supporting the guests whilst on the flotilla
- Any other duties as directed by the Base Manager
What we are looking for
- Yacht Sailing Experience (RYA Day Skipper/Competent Crew or equivalent desired)
- Experience in a customer-facing environment
- Experience coordinating events for large groups of people
- Social, positive personality
- Level-headed and able to solve problems on your own
- Ability to work through pressurised conditions
- A first aid certificate is desirable
- Upbeat and enthusiastic demeanor
- A great teammate
- Competitive industry standard salary
- Return travel from your home country to the base
- Staff deals on yacht holidays
- Global career opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities for top-performing team members
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!