Join Magna Carta for a summer as a hostess while cruising the River Thames!
You will work as part of a team of 6: An experienced hostess, a chef, a captain, a trainee captain, a tour guide and YOU. During the full period of employment, you will be living aboard in a shared crew cabin with another crew member.
A barge host can give our clients the experience of a lifetime. Serve all meals with wine, prepare cheese presentations and make sure the guest are eating in a clean dining room. Besides this, you will also ensure that the barge stays clean and organized by housekeeping all 4 guest cabins and all communal areas. During the day you will make sure the guest won´t get thirsty with our drink service. Last but not least, we will train you and provide you with the right materials to get all the local knowledge necessary to help guests with all kinds of inquiries.
The role runs from April until the end of October so you will need to be available to work throughout this period.
- Serving all meals with wine and cheese presentations and cleaning up afterward
- Drink service throughout the day
- Housekeeping of all 4 guest cabins (maximum 8 guests) and all communal areas
- Act as a source of local knowledge for guests and be the first point of contact for any queries, providing a high level of customer service at all times.
- Exceptional customer care and attention to detail
- Physically fit and healthy as the role is very demanding
- Candidates must not use illegal drugs or have a history of drinking problems. Non-smokers are preferred!
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK
Apply online today and spend your summer cruising the River Thames.