Japan working holiday visa

Citizens from Australia, Denmark, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, South Korea, New Zealand, Norway,Taiwan, Hong Kong (SAR), Ireland, Slovakia, Poland, Portugal and the United Kingdom who are between the ages of 18 and 30 can apply for a working holiday visa for Japan.

A one year visa may be granted to citizens of Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, South Korea, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia,] Finland and United Kingdom. A six-month visa may be granted to citizens of Australia which can be extended twice and once for citizens of New Zealand and Canada.

To be eligible for a Working holiday Visa you should be from the above countries and currently residing in your country of citizenship.

* You must intend primarily to holiday in Japan for a specific length of time

* You must be between 18 and 30 years of age at the time of application

* You must possess a valid passport and a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase a return ticket

* You must possess reasonable funds for living expenses, including medical expenses

* You must be in good health and not have a criminal record

Information For Australian Citizens

Information For New Zealand Citizens

Information For Canadian Citizens

Information For Danish Citizens

Information For Korean Citizens

Information For French Citizens

Information For German Citizens

Information For Irish Citizens

Information For UK Citizens

Young people in Taiwan who are interested in the program should go to the Interchange Association (Japan) offices.

For more information or to apply for the Working Holiday visa, contact the Japanese Embassy or Consulate nearest you.

If you intend to visit Japan, on holiday, a business trip, to study, work, volunteer or as an emigrant you should get up to date and accurate information from the official website of Japanese Ministry Of Foreign Affairs

More information about Japan: