Canada working holiday visa

The Canadian working holiday visas are now known as IEC (International Experience Canada) work permits

Citizens of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine and the United Kingdom are eligible for a Canadian working holiday visa, so long as they fulfill certain criteria which are specific to each country.

Citizens of the U.S. who are full-time students (or have been within the past 9 months) are eligible for 12-month working holiday permits if obtained through the intermediary organization SWAP.

Citizens of Poland between the ages of 18 and 35 are eligible. Canada has also signed an agreement with Spain.

Citizens of Ukraine between the ages of 18 and 25 are eligible. There are no restriction for applicants status (non-students).

Age limits are from 18-30 for most countries; 18-35 for citizens of Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Norway and Switzerland. Some countries’ programs specify that the applicant must be a full-time student; others do not, and some have separate programmes for students and non-students.

The type of work allowed and the maximum duration of stay depends on the applicant’s country of residence.

As the IEC program works on a first-come, first-served basis. This is due to the fact that in many countries there are a high number of applicants competing for a spot in a very limited time period.

For More Information Visit The International Experience Canada Web Site

If you intend to visit Canada, on holiday, a business trip, to study, work, volunteer or as an emigrant you should get up to date and accurate information from the official website of Citizenship And Immigration Canada

More information about Canada: