We´re looking for a Chalet Manager in Zermatt, Switzerland
At Zermatt Ski Chalets we only choose the very best ski chalets and ski apartments in the most convenient locations, with easy access, stunning views and offering a unique service from our hand-picked and highly experienced team of hospitality professionals. Our staff includes internationally acclaimed chefs, chalet managers, housekeepers, massage therapists and guides who are on hand to make the Zermatt experience a memorable one for all our guests.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere
- Breakfast and evening Meals service
- Daily and weekly housekeeping
- Ordering supplies & stock control
- Guest Care
- Health & Safety
- Paperwork, weekly reports, accounts
1: Provide a Welcoming Atmosphere
- As part of the chalet and resort team, provide and maintain a first-class service to our guests.
- Welcome guests into the chalet on their arrival and show them to their room and help with their luggage.
- Provide relevant information to your guests staying in your chalet (information on the facilities, services, the assistance provided, etc).
2: Breakfast and Evening Meals
- Serving meals in accordance with the company’s menu following the guidelines and policies regarding food service and preparation, working within Health and Food Hygiene regulations at all times.
- Oversee the service of continental buffet breakfast each day ensuring that the buffet table and dining room is set and ready for the guests. Oversee the delivery of cooked-to-order hot breakfast options each day.
- Assist with and set out afternoon tea, cake and refreshments for guests on their return.
- Set the table and dining room for evening service, fold napkins, decorate the table.
- Serve canapés and aperitifs prior to supper.
- Assist with and serve a four-six course fine-dining evening meal.
- Ensure that the chalet team is keeping the kitchen clean and tidy at all times and is to the required company standard.
3: Daily and Weekly Housekeeping
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness daily, ensuring that the kitchen and store areas are always clean and tidy.
- Adhere to company guidelines and procedures regarding cleaning standards and presentation.
- Makeup guest beds and tidy the bathrooms daily.
- Do turn down in the bedrooms in the evenings (while the guests are eating).
- Prepare laundry for collection and receive new deliveries, mid-week and on ‘change-over day, helping within the resort team in the distribution of clean supplies.
- Ensure that all rubbish is disposed of after every service in the correct manner.
- In conjunction with the Chalet team, ensure that all windows are shut, bedroom lights are off and all entrances, exits, pathways, balconies and terraces (roofs if applicable) are kept clear and safe from snow.
- Perform a deep clean on ‘change-over day in preparation for new guests, ensuring that all the chalet is fully cleaned and guest-ready.
- Report any maintenance issue to the Resort Manager.
- Assist with the distribution of deliveries within the resort.
- Check the chalet after the team has cleaned and ensure cleaning standards are being met.
4: Ordering Supplies & Stock Control
- Attend a weekly chalet meeting
- Assist with an accurate and thorough stock take prior to your weekly chalet hosts ordering meeting, ensuring that stock is rotated in the storage areas.
- Receive, check, store and record all deliveries in accordance with Health and Hygiene legislation.
- Keep wastage to a minimum.
5: Guest Care and Information
- With the Chalet Team ensure that your guests feel at home in their chalet and feel that they are able to seek your assistance with anything they may require.
- Ensure that all chalet services advertised in your chalet are available at all times.
- Deal with any issues quickly and effectively.
- Keep intrusion by noise, music or other staff to a minimum at all times.
6: Health & Safety
- Show due diligence at all times towards your guest’s health and safety as well as your own and other staff members.
- Produce a risk assessment of the chalet make sure these measures are put in place to minimize these risks before the first guests arrive.
- Complete the necessary weekly Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Samples and Fire Checks.
7: Paper Work
- Assist with weekly catering and cleaning orders.
- Keep track of the reconciliation of orders, delivery notes and budget control.
- Complete a weekly chalet report.
- As part of a team within the resort, you need to remain flexible and assist with any other duties as requested by your Resort Manager or other senior staff.
- Driving the company electro-car with guests to the station on arrival and departure.
- Helping with luggage
- Delivering stock and linen items in the electro-car
- Keeping the electro-car clean and in a tidy state at all times
Applicants must have an EU passport (Not UK) and a Clean Driving License. Do you have what it takes to become our new Chalet Manager? Apply now!