Icebreaker Chalets is known for having experienced, confident staff and professional staff in all our chalets in the French Alps. We are currently hiring experienced Chefs & Hosts for the 22/23 season. Our team in each chalet ensures that our high standards are kept across our chalet program.
We are looking for Chefs that have extensive experience and training in quality gastro pubs and restaurants and who have the experience to run a busy kitchen in one of our luxury chalets. Our chefs are responsible for producing exciting and delicious meals for all our guests. Given free range on what you create within the budgets, you will be responsible for coming up with new and exciting menus to tempt our guests with. Living and working in the chalets the chefs are responsible for all meals. We serve a full and continental breakfast 6 days a week, cakes for afternoon tea and then a 4-course evening meal.
You will be preparing meals that will take the amazing ingredients we have on offer to produce not the run of the mill chalet food. Creativity will be very important in these very demanding roles. We expect very high standards and beautiful food at all times. You will be the driving force behind the whole food operation in the chalets and we expect hygiene standards and rules to be followed at all times and the kitchen spotless during service and at the end of every day. We expect our chefs to have experience and where possible qualifications but these are not essential and we would like team players that will not only be cooking but be part of the overall team in the Chalet and resort.
Our chefs are employed for their years of creative experience and their creative touch to bring new and exciting dishes to the table. Fluent English is required for the role, but previous ski industry experience, whilst advantageous, is not essential.
Icebreaker Chalets offer a great package that includes 1.5 days off a week. We are looking for an energetic, motivated and proactive individual to come and be part of our dynamic team. We provide intense training and make sure that you are well prepared for the season.
The role includes preparing the chalet for guests, daily cleaning routines and serving of food and wine. Our guests expect attention to detail and staff who like to go that little bit extra to make their holiday the best. Staff accommodation is onsite and you have everything provided to make for an amazing Winter.
The role runs from December 2022 until the end of April 2023 so you will need to be available to work throughout this period. You need to have an EU Passport and/or the right to work in France.
Why work for us?
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
- Travel to and from your home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Accommodation is provided for the duration of the season in a shared room with one other person
- Opportunity to ski and/or snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced-price lift pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to excel in a supportive environment and develop your personal talents
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
- 35-hour working week
- One and a half days off a week
- You are an EU Passport Holder and/or have the legal right to work in France
- Exceptional cooking skills, customer care and attention to detail
- A high level of spoken English, other languages would be an asset
- Any previous experience as a chalet chef would be considered a plus
Apply today! Couples are welcome to apply as well. If you have an Irish passport, EU passport or the right to work in France we would love to hear from you.