Subzero Coaching is a professional development and sports coaching company, based in Zermatt, Switzerland. We run ski instructor programs for all levels in autumn and winter, and private performance ski coaching all year round. Our specialist coaching aims to deliver holistic training and skill-building, focusing on what you want to achieve and working alongside you to get there. This means your win is our win, however big or small that might be.
- Become a Ski Instructor: Experience and qualification – Autumn (Oct-Nov) and winter (Dec- April) Level 1 and 2 courses
- Winter (Dec- April) Level 3 ISIA train & work programme in partnership with Ski Schools in Zermatt and across the Alps
- Winter (Dec- April) tailored train & work programme towards the Level 4 qualification
Summer ski coaching, alongside boxing classes and strength & conditioning programmes
Based in Zermatt, Switzerland, overlooking the most iconic Matterhorn, our course runs before winter (in autumn) from October to November for 2 months with 8 weeks of training including Level 1 and 2 ski exams.
The on-snow training runs 5 days (Monday to Friday), full days. A mix of personal ski technique development and teaching development will be the core of each day on the hill. You will learn how to improve your carving, short turns, moguls, and fresh snow skiing. In addition, you will refine your teaching ability. In the afternoon and evenings, we run weekly dry-land training and stretching sessions, seminars on anatomy and biomechanics applied to skiing, and seminars on teaching methods. The weekend is free, allowing free practice on the slopes or a well-deserved rest!
Whether you are looking to start a ski instructor career, improve your ski technique, a career change or you are looking to get away and experience the great Swiss mountains, get in touch! We welcome skiers of all ages and from all around the world, and we can talk through your ambitions and how we can help you get there.
Our previous courses included individuals from various backgrounds, ages, and nationalities, and if you would like to learn more about the course, we can connect you with past trainees.
What will the candidate get?
- The training is planned and run by a Sports Coach who is also a Ski Instructors’ Examiner
- A mix of personal ski technique development and teaching development
- The ski area at our disposal is the highest in Europe, reaching nearly 4.000 meters at its highest point
- Going through the course in the pre-season has the benefit of enabling you to connect with the ski industry before the winter begins
- If exams are passed, you receive an Internationally recognised qualification
- Accommodation in centre of town for the duration of the course (Self-catered apartment)
- Ski pass for the duration of the course
- Passion for skiing and intermediate/ advanced ski skill
- Funds for sustenance and living + potential travel (optional days out)
- Fluent/strong ability in the English language
Would you like to do a Ski Instructor Course before the Ski Season starts? Apply now!