Working holiday visas for EU citizens

European Working Agreements

The EEA includes these countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.

EFTA: Switzerland, Iceland, Norway & Liechtenstein are members of the European Free Trade Association and are all members of the The Free Movement Of Workers agreement.

Bulgaria And RomainiaCertain conditions may be applied that restrict the free movement of workers from these countries.


For More Information On How The “Free Movement Of Workers Agreement” Could Affect You Visit: The European Union Web Site

Candidate Countries: Croatia, and Turkey have applied to become members of the EU but have not negotiated their accession to the EU. Candidate countries are not members of the Free Movement Of Workers agreement.

The European Union and the acceding States agreed on a joint declaration “One Europe” on the continuous, inclusive and irreversible nature of the enlargement process which will be annexed to the final act of the Accession Treaty.

For News & Press releases Regarding new EU policies and decisions please visit: The European Union Web Site

This is a brief & general summary; it is recommended you attain complete and up to date official information from The European Union Web Site

Additional Information:

This is a brief & general summary, visa requirements and the number of working holiday visas allocated in countries each year can vary and new agreements are being made regularly so we recommended you attain complete and up to date official information from the Immigration Service or that countries Embassy in your home country before making any work and travel plans.

If you are not eligible for a Working Holiday visa there are a variety of business, family or student visas or work permits that may be available to you. For further information contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of the country you wish to visit.