Chalet Chef needed for the 21/22 Ski Season in Meribel, France!
Join Alp Leisure as Chalet Chef, give your guests the time of their lives and enjoy everything that the French Alps have to offer.
About the position:
- Company: Alp Leisure
- Function: Chalet Chef (female, due to accommodation)
- Location: Meribel, France
- Language: English
- Period: ASAP until April 2022
- Salary: Competitive
- Accommodation: Included
- Insurance: Included
- Benefits: Ski Pass & Ski or snowboard and boot hire
- Travel: Included, Travel to resort and return at end of the season within Europe
Alp Leisure employs the very best people to care for our guests so we provide what we believe is a highly competitive all-around package. We are looking for a female (due to accommodation) chef to finish the season for us in Meribel. Each chalet team consists of 4 motivated, experienced individuals (chef, manager and chauffeur) who cover all aspects of our guests’ stay to an extremely high level – all members of the team need to work in harmony to ensure this. Applicants can apply as couples as well. Please note that all applicants need to have an EU passport (Schengen Area) or Carte de Sejour and have the right to work in France.
All applicants will need a valid driving license and EU COVID Vaccination Certificate as well.
About the position
The Chalet Chef is responsible for preparing meals for guests according to their requirements. As guests pay for the food at cost at the end of the week they can have as many or as few courses as they wish. Before guests arrive in the resort we identify what they require, including any specialties, so the Chef needs to be flexible, experienced and creative as each week can present a different challenge.
The job includes menu planning and budgeting for each new group of guests plus shopping for, preparing and cooking; breakfast, afternoon tea, evening meal and (if requested) kids suppers and lunch. Hygiene is of high importance and the kitchen and storage areas need to be kept spotless at all times. The Chef works alongside the Chalet Manager assisting in all aspects of running the chalet. It can be highly demanding at times, but with every opportunity to showcase your skills and make fantastic contacts.
* Applicants who get through the initial interview stages may be asked to do a trade test, cooking lunch or dinner for around 8/10 guests.
Are you suitable?
- EU passport (Schengen Area) or Carte de Sejour and have the right to work in France.
- Valid driving license
- EU COVID Vaccination Certificate
- Punctual, reliable and conscientious
- Eye for detail
- Min 3 years experience in high-end private dining (yachts, villas, chalets)
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Good at problem-solving
- Ability to get stuck in and help each other as a team
- Friendly, mature, confident and committed to working the full season (ASAP until the end of April)
About The Package
- Travel to resort and return at end of the season within Europe
- Good quality accommodation in apartments/shared chalets – all positions are ‘live-out
- Wages paid monthly in arrears
- One day off per week
- Season ski pass – One Valley or Three Valley with full cost refunded on completion of a successful season
- Ski or snowboard and boot hire
- Carte-Neige insurance
- French-based support team
Do you have what it takes to work for us? Then we would love to hear from you, apply now!