European Waterways is a hotel-barge company which offers luxury cruises. Our hotel-barge cruising on the different French canals, especially on the Canal de Bourgogne, the Canal de Nivernais, the Canal du Midi and the Canal de la Marne au Rhin and also in Scotland.
We are the owner and operator of 11 barges measuring from 30 to 39m. These barges are composed of a crew on board of 5 to 6 people to accommodate 8 or 12 guests maximum, depending on the size of the barge.
The crew on board including, at least, a pilot/captain, a tour guide/deckhand, a chef and a host.
Our tourist activity is seasonal and runs from March to mid-November. We are looking for hosts/hostesses on seasonal contracts for a limited period.
The main tasks associated to the host role are :
- Give a warm welcome to the guests : take care of them and anticipate their needs.
- Cleaning the interior of the barge: bedrooms, communal areas, interior plants, making up beds, changing beds, etc.
- Taking care of the laundry
- Make an inventory of the different stocks and watch them out: drinks, wine, cleaning products, breakfast stuff, etc.
- Prepare a clear shopping list for the chef and sometimes go shopping with him.
What we ask of you:
- You have experience in housekeeping and restaurant service.
- You have good organisational skills and a proven team spirit.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You are mobile throughout France.
- You speak English.
You are EU resident or the holder of work authorisation in France.
You have a work authorisation to work in Scotland or you are British citizen.
Our crew are fed and housed on board our boats during the season.
Salary according to experience.
Interested? Apply now!