To run and manage the children’s club operation in resort ensuring the children are cared for in a safe environment and an exciting and stimulating programme of activities are provided to all age groups.
Please note that we do require you to hold an EU Passport or dual nationality. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from holders of UK Working Visas
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby ‘Nothing is too much trouble’. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare.
- Organise and manage the Explorers for children aged 4 months upwards.
- Manage, oversee, train and mentor a kid’s club team.
- Liaise with other Scott Dunn teams (resort and office based).
- Ensure and maintain excellent safeguarding practices.
- Work closely with the hotel.
- Have a flexible approach to the role and be prepared to step in where necessary.
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for all children.
- Plan and manage the day to day running and operation of the children’s club.
- Work closely with the Guest Relations Manager in your resort ensuring clear communication.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures and requirements are followed, understood and respected at all times.
- Supervise, manage and support the kids club team throughout the season.
- Organise and provide further training and guidance to a team member if required.
- Schedule and run team meetings on a weekly basis giving regular feedback and providing a platform to share thoughts, ideas and any potential concerns.
- Organise and hold individual 121 meetings.
- Ensure healthy good quality snacks and lunch are provided.
- Make certain that the cleanliness of the club is of extremely high standard.
- Guarantee that all policies and procedures are implemented to guarantee an efficient operation and expected standards.
- Coordinate, organise and implement a range of activities.
- Ensure all records and forms are completed correctly and on time.
- Work to a budget and report regularly on all costs.
- Report any Health and Safety concerns.
- Attend regular managers’ meetings.
- Travel to and work in different resorts if required depending on business needs.
- Work in ratio if required.
- Ensure effective communication with the parents and children throughout their stay.
- Provide a degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes.
- Organise team logistics.
- Plan and carry out regular staff accommodation spot checks.
- As part of the activity plans, oversee the delivery and take part in a range of activities such as Golf, Tennis, wall climbing, high ropes, cooking and water sports.
Abilities and Expectations
- Leadership skills – ability to lead a well-motivated childcare team.
- Love and ability to work with children aged between 4 months upwards.
- Excellent self-motivation.
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills.
- Organised and pro-active.
- Outgoing and fun.
- Strong swimmer and happy to take children in the water.
- Team player.
- Excellent understanding of good safeguarding practice.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Excellent numeric, administrative and organisational skills.
- Have an outstanding eye for detail.
- Outstanding work ethic.
Essential Experience and Key Competencies
- CACHE level three qualified or equivalent recognised and accredited childcare qualification.
- Experience of leading, supporting and managing a team.
- Experience of working in a childcare role.
- Experience of working with children under five years of age.
- Experience of working with a variety of age groups.
- EU passport.
- Full clean EU driving license.
- Paediatric first aid qualification.
- Confident swimmer.
- Worked overseas in similar role.
- Additional languages.
- Experience of working with children 4 months to 13 years plus.
Please note that you will be required to hold a current criminal background check / police check.
Are you excited about the opportunity to work as a Childcare Manager in a beautiful resort in Greece or Portugal? Apply today!