As a General Manager, we want you to take ownership of our lovely boutique hotel and run it as your own. You will need to be an experienced manager with good financial acumen, the ability to sell holidays via platforms and direct sales via the website. Somebody who can remain calm under pressure and have the ability to lead and motivate the team.
IMPORTANT: You must have a strong level of spoken and written Greek and English for this role.
We want you to not only meet but exceed our guests’ expectations and ensure they have the best holiday ever whilst ensuring that your team is organised, efficient, motivated and maintaining the standards set in training. You will effectively manage the day-to-day running of the resort hotel delivering the highest standard of customer service whilst maintaining and developing good relations with all new and existing suppliers. A very challenging but rewarding position!
Required Experience and Skills
- Previous hotel management experience
- Strong financial management, cost control, sales and purchasing skills.
- Proven team management experience, leadership, motivation and coaching skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to work unsupervised
- Must have a strong level of spoken and written Greek and English.
- Must be eligible to work and live in Greece and likely to be of Greek nationality and residence.
- Must have a minimum of 5 consecutive years of professional driving experience.
- Must be Microsoft competent, in Word, and Excel, and able to be competent with reservations and F&B sales software.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Sell all holidays via booking platforms and direct via the website and through agents.
- Follow up all bookings with the back-office process to ensure all invoicing is accurate and that all monies are collected.
- Ensure all marketing processes are followed and that social media is managed on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage the banking and finance for the hotel
- Ensure beachfront sales are maximised, F&B and sunbeds.
- You must be able to recruit effectively, identify job roles, identify and recruit suitable personnel and liaise with payroll to create work contracts and oversee payroll.
- Ensure your team is fully briefed on guest arrivals and departures, and guest requirements and that they have the necessary tools to do their job effectively. Monitor and manage your team’s performance and motivation, delivering ongoing training and development ensuring your team complete their duties in accordance with job descriptions and acts at all times in the best interests of the company. Ensure Disciplinary procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure your team is punctual and presentable at all times and that they are cooking and serving food and drinks as defined during pre-season training and following our set menu. Ensure the kitchens and stores are correctly managed (cleaning and organisation) and that cleaning of communal areas, rooms and bathrooms is maintained at the standard set in training. Conduct daily checks and transfer day checks to cover each chalet over the course of the week and address any issues.
- Ensure staff accommodation is looked after and kept clean and tidy by conducting regular checks.
- Ensure effective purchasing, portion and wastage control and stock control (maintain the correct levels of stock and appropriate storage of food, wine, beer, cleaning supplies and heating oil) in order to not exceed the budget set for the season.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to Food Safety & Hygiene legislation, Health & Safety policy, HACCP & COSHH and Fire regulations at all times and that the necessary records are being completed.
- Ensure the team applies conscientious practices for efficient energy management (use of electricity, heating,
water, and large appliances such as washing machines) and recycling. Ensure equipment is correctly handled and maintained with due care and attention.
- Ensure team payroll is managed effectively.
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner at all times and consistently throughout the season. Be
presentable with a clean uniform at all times. Ensure you visit each chalet to meet the guests at least once at the start of their holiday and once towards the end of their holiday.
- Liaise with guests proactively to ensure they have everything they require and are enjoying their holiday including issuing and taking payment for ferry tickets and excursions. Organise and book restaurants (chalet host night off) and any activities they require. Be very knowledgeable about the hotel, island, and the food and wine we serve. Actively promote Ionisi services and the hotel.
- Deal with any issues or complaints calmly, immediately, competently and professionally offering a solution as quickly as possible. Report all complaints and any feedback (positive and negative).
- Organising daily/weekly distribution of linen & towels to all chalets and collection of dirty linen & towels on room change-over days.
- Ensuring the continued supply of utilities to all chalets (water & electricity, gas), TV, WIFI and music.
- Ensure an effective maintenance system is executed, carry out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the hotel and source appropriate suppliers for other requirements. Record and report
maintenance issues and breakages and any major defects to the Director.
- Ensure hotel inventories are maintained at all times and repairs and replacements are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure the property can be accessed safely.
- Ensure the pool is maintained and kept spotlessly clean, in a safe condition and pool protocol is managed and followed.
- Effectively manage logistics in your resort, be it daily shuttles for staff, for guests to and from the ports or local trips to and from town and island spotlight venues
- Ensure all vehicles only undertake necessary journeys, are maintained and roadworthy at all times comply with legislation, that vehicles are cleaned weekly and when necessary and that a stock of essential maintenance products is kept. Maintain an effective system for reporting and rectifying defects. Ensure all accidents and police matters are investigated and reported to Directors immediately.
- Ensure all fuel purchased is accounted for and legitimate.
- Complete and maintain various records to be handed in weekly and monthly.
- Ensure all guest purchases are charged and invoiced and paid for.
- Ensure all bookings are paid for.
- Ensure booking software is managed and controlled and always updated each and every day.
- Petty cash and expenses: Maintain a secure and logged petty cash float in accordance with company processes
- Cash keeping and banking must be adhered to strictly.
- You must be able (with training) to oversee book-keeping and accounting methods and always understand the financial situation of the business.
You must be prepared to help out in the hotel when needed due to staff injury/illness including transfer days.
- BASIC SALARY IS €2,500 per month net after taxes
- COMMISSION ON ACCOMMODATION SALES – 2% of sales
- COMMISSION ON F&B – 1% of sales
- Use of on-site vehicle
- Fully expensed studio/apartment
- Travel contribution
- 2.5 days paid holiday accrued per calendar month
- Year-round employment available
Are you the general manager we are looking for? Apply now!