About Mountain Drop Offs
Mountain Drop-Offs have been providing a high standard of door-to-door alpine transfers in the Chamonix Valley and surrounding areas for nearly 18 years. We have a strong reputation for providing transfers and work with partners across different countries to provide the best service possible. We care about those we work with and in recent years have invested considerably in those who’ve shown dedication and hard work within their roles.
You will be the friendly face of Mountain Drop Offs, providing our clients with the highest level of customer service. Our drivers work hard and play harder in the alps skiing, snowboarding and other extreme activities. Your future international colleagues, many of who have been here for years, have a wealth of experience in driving and making the most of their time in the mountains.
**Please note that we can only accept applications from EU Passport Holders or candidates that already have the right to work in France**
On a standard day, you will be provided with a list of clients to collect from their accommodation in Chamonix Valley to take to Geneva Airport and then return with arrivals from the airport, normally this will be twice per day. We do take bookings for other destinations and resorts so this can vary. Along with general vehicle cleaning and maintenance, there will be daily paperwork to comply with the working regulations where we are based. We have a multilingual office team and an airport rep to help support you and maximise your working day.
- Hold a clean, current EU driving licence for a minimum of 3 years and be over 24 years of age
- Demonstrate one of the following:
a. Evidence of at least 2 full seasons of professional passenger driving experience***; or
b. Hold a valid D/D1 licence and Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC); or
c. Hold a valid French taxi licence; or
d. Hold a valid VTC licence.
- Eligible to work in France, Switzerland and Italy and provide all relevant paperwork (EU passport, working visas, etc)
- Significant experience in driving long-wheelbase vehicles in Alpine conditions is desirable
- Local knowledge of Chamonix valley is desirable
- Spoken French is desirable
- Proven track record of excellent customer service skills
- High standards of personal presentation
- Demonstrate previous experience in cash handling and basic financial reconciliation
*** This includes passenger driving experience or freight experience even if it only formed part of a
previous role (e.g. outdoor instructors regularly driving clients to/from activities, army personnel who
drove vehicles as part of their position).
What will you get in return?
We are dedicated to providing a fun, fair and safe working environment and full-time employees work 4 days and have 3 days off each week. All of our drivers are provided with a French contract, full driver induction training, a uniform and an iPhone to support them in their role. We offer fully salaried positions leaving you with the freedom to choose where to live within the valley.
- Staff discounted lift passes
- One-off experiences from our partners in resort
- Beginning and End of season social events
- Driver of the month – your chance to win a prize for your hard work
- Staff and Family discounts on transfers
- Free ski hire from our partners at Sanglard Sports* (*Please note terms and conditions apply)
- Possibility of a summer job for summer 2023
Are you the Transfer Driver we are looking for? Apply now!