Alpinium is the fastest-growing ski chalet company in the UK and we provide great quality holidays in the French Alps. Our guests are mainly from the UK and Ireland but we also attract guests from afar as South Africa and Russia.
Our staff is at the core of our product, interacting with our guests on a daily basis. Our guests expect great service with a smile and nothing is too much trouble. So the essential ingredient our team has is that they are all lovely people. The kind of people you would like to hang out with. Smart, punctual, vibrant, hard-working, interesting, sociable and fun.
Working a winter season in the French Alps is a highly rewarding experience, a good standard of health and stamina is required, it’s hard work but just the most fun you can have, all set in a fabulous environment. Winter sports, lots of social time, live music in the bars and mostly blue skies. The French Alps are one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
As a chalet host in of one of our chalets, we want you to take ownership of your chalet and run it as your own. You will normally work in a team of two. You are expected to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations week after week and ensure they have the best holiday ever!
Suitable for talented amateur cooks who have a passion for food.
- Restaurant, bar, winter chalet, summer villa or private yacht experience.
- Service and/or hospitality experience and housekeeping, cleaning to a high standard.
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID EU PASSPORT OR ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN FRANCE
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner at all times and consistently throughout the season. Be presentable with a clean uniform at all times.
- Prepare, cook and serve food and drinks as defined during pre-season training and following our set menu, ensuring meals are presented on time, at the right temperature, in the right portion sizes and looking great.
- Liaise with guests proactively to ensure they have everything they require and are enjoying their holiday. Be knowledgeable about your chalet, resort and the food and wine we serve. Deal with any issues or complaints calmly, immediately, competently and professionally offering a solution as quickly as possible. Actively promote ALPINIUM services and chalets. Report all complaints and any feedback (positive and negative) to the Manager.
- Go the extra mile on special occasions such as Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- Kitchen and store management (cleaning and organisation).
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Hygiene legislation at all times, completing the necessary records.
- Ensure effective purchasing, portion and wastage control and stock control (maintain the correct levels of stock and appropriate storage of food, wine, beer, cleaning supplies and wood) in order to not exceed the budget set for the season.
- Apply conscientious practices for efficient energy management (use of electricity, heating, water, large appliances such as washing machines) and recycling and waste disposal. Ensure equipment is correctly handled and maintained with due care and attention.
- Adhere to the Daily and Weekly Cleaning Schedules. Conduct daily housekeeping of the rooms, bathrooms and communal areas to a high standard of cleanliness. Conduct a thorough cleaning of the entire chalet on transfer days to a very high standard. Manage your linen and towel stock.
- Ensure snow is cleared from paths, steps and balconies so that access to all areas is safe at all times.
- Maintain the hot tub, sauna and steam room and complete the necessary records to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Paperwork: Complete and maintain various records.
- Maintenance: Carrying out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the chalet such as changing light bulbs. Record and report maintenance issues and breakages in a timely manner.
- Comply with all legislation, company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to Food
- Safety & Hygiene legislation, Health & Safety policy, HACCP & COSHH and Fire regulations at all times and ensure the necessary records are completed.
Terms & Conditions
- GROSS PAY: €1900 per month gross (before taxes) – approx €1300 net per month
- 2 days off per week
- 39-hour week average
- 5 ski days per week minimum
- Accommodation available (2 sharing) 500 euro per month (x 5 months)
- Assistance with Ski Pass 100 euro per month (x 5 months)
- End-of-season travel refund of 300 euros
What are you waiting for? Apply now with your CV with a recent picture and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for employment with us.