Scott Dunn Resort Managers are dedicated and highly motivated individuals who at the required destination manage our full operation ensuring all our guests receive the best possible service. This position holds overall responsibility within the resort and is very diverse in its portfolio of associated duties. While the role is primarily that of overseeing the work of the team and the other managers, problem solving is a significant work area and the ability and willingness to get involved in any aspect of the operation from Childcare to Guest relations to human resource management is essential.
Please note that we do require you to hold an EU Passport or dual nationality. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from holders of UK Working Visas.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “Nothing is too much trouble”. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest possible level of “Scott Dunn” service from both the Explorers and Guest Relations role.
- Effectively manage and oversee your resort team leading by example and creating a positive team atmosphere.
- Manage and ensure all resort staff and managers carry out their roles according to Scott Dunn standards as thoroughly and efficiently as possible.
- Follow grievance and disciplinaries/staff policies in line with company standards – responsible for all communication and process.
- Ensure all property and equipment are looked after with the utmost care.
- Build and maintain a professional relationship with all suppliers.
- Work closely with the UK based team to ensure the smooth running of your resort.
Administrative and HR Duties
- Work closely with the Guest Relations Managers to co-ordinate and manage all guest bookings.
- Support the Guest Relations Manager with the resort to facilitate resolutions of issues, such as complaints, changes to travel plans and medical issues.
- Complete, accurately and efficiently, all paperwork and administrative duties as and when necessary to ensure effective running of the resort.
- Inspire, lead and communicate with your team through regular meetings, one to one reviews and team building.
- Ensure the day-to-day logistics of resort are planned and clearly communicated to the team.
- Manage staff accommodation properties so that they are treated with the utmost care.
- Work to a budget and report regularly on all costs.
Childcare Operations Duties
- To contact all guest’s pre-departure to confirm all details about their holiday.
- Book the Explorer’s Kid’s Club external activities on a week-by-week basis.
- Support the childcare team in weekly logistical tasks.
- To ensure any potential health and safety risks or issues are addressed, followed up and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide a degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes.
- Make certain that the cleanliness of the club is of extremely high standard.
- Guarantee that all policies and procedures are implemented to guarantee an efficient operation and expected standards.
Abilities and expectations
- Ability to lead by example.
- Excellent numeric, administrative and organisational skills.
- Have an outstanding eye for detail.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills.
- Good self-motivation.
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active.
- Professional and can-do attitude.
- Excellent time keeping and reliability.
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure.
- Basic academics – including maths, English and IT.
- Full UK/EU Driving licence.
- Fluency in Greek or Portuguese (desirable).
- Previous experience of managing teams in a hospitality environment.
- Available for the whole season (May until October).
- EU Passport holder.
Are you excited about this opportunity to become a Resort Manager in Greece & Portugal? Apply today!