Ice and Fire are known for having experienced, confident and professional staff in all our chalets. We hire professional chefs with restaurant and fine Dining experience. Our team is of high standards across our four chalets.
Our chefs are employed for their years of creative experience and great knowledge of ingredients in order to create amazing, tasty dishes. We will provide training at the beginning of the season to ensure you make the most of your time in the mountains. Fluent English is required for all roles.
The role runs from December 2022 until the end of April 2023 so you will need to be available to work throughout this period. You need to have an EU/UK Passport and/or the right to work in France i.e., a Carte de Sejour
Job Details – Chalet Chef
From cooking and cleaning to food ordering and budgeting/stock control, you will be jointly responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the chalet. The chalet chef role involves providing a cooked and continental breakfast, homemade afternoon tea and a delicious, well-presented four-course evening meal 5 nights a week. The focus is on restaurant-quality cooking and presentation, in a relaxed homely environment.
The successful applicant will have proven professional cooking experience, a food hygiene qualification and experience in menu planning, kitchen cleaning, budgeting and cooking for people with dietary requirements.
- Menu design and planning
- Catering to all guests‘ needs and dietary requirements
- Preparation of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and four-course evening meal
- Food Ordering and Deliveries
- Maintaining food hygiene and general health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining area
- Keeping the kitchen and storage areas clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Responsibility for food procurement
- Budgeting and managing stock levels
- On changeover day, working as a team with the chalet host or hosts to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standard and ready and welcoming for guests
Why work for us?
- A highly competitive salary
- Great Package
- Return travel from your home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Accommodation is provided for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/or snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced-price lift pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Amazing experience
- 35-hour working week
- Two days off a week
- You are an EU/UK Passport Holder and/or have the legal right to work in France
- Exceptional customer service and attention to detail
- Restaurant and Fine Dining experience
- A high level of spoken English
- Any previous experience as a Chalet Chef would be considered a plus
Apply today! If you have an Irish passport, EU passport or the right to work in France we would love to hear from you. UK Passport Holders are welcome to apply for this role as well.