AliKats Mountain Holidays is a family-run independent luxury chalet company based in Morzine, France with a portfolio of chalets and a strong reputation for excellent gourmet food and exceptional customer service.
We invest a lot of time and effort in training at the start of each season to create a well-bonded and high-functioning team. Also, we provide extensive ongoing support throughout the season. We believe that if our team is happy, healthy and having fun that all of the other details will follow.
IMPORTANT: Please note that we can only accept applications from EU passport holders or applicants that already have the right to work in France. Please apply with your CV & a recent picture.
The objective of the role
We’re looking for a capable and energetic individual who has a talent for people management and also has a very good eye for detail. They will be responsible for assisting the Operations Manager (Joe) and owners (Al and Kat) to manage the team and ensure that we are delivering an exceptional level of customer service to our discerning guests on a daily basis.
They will also be responsible for ensuring the chalets are kept spotlessly clean and in a good state of repair, well-stocked and running efficiently. We provide all of the training and processes in order to achieve this but the day-to-day responsibility for carrying out spot checks, stock counts etc. lies with the Resort Manager.
The job will best suit someone who has good management skills, is organized and efficient, has a passion for hospitality and has the ability to tackle problems as they arise in a calm and professional manner.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Helping to set the chalets up at the start of the season
- Developing a detailed working knowledge of all the properties in our portfolio to ensure they are all well maintained, correctly set up and functioning correctly. This includes having a basic understanding of hot tubs, saunas, boilers, fuse boxes and appliances and being able to report issues clearly to our Maintenance Manager.
- Working with the Operations Manager to manage the housekeeping team which involves providing initial training, regular feedback and support as needed.
- Overseeing weekend changeovers in the chalets on a Saturday and Sunday plus mid-week changeovers and pitching in as needed.
- Carrying out regular spot-checks throughout the chalets to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Maintaining stock levels of all housekeeping products.
- Providing a concierge service for our self-catered guests and being on call to deal with any issues for 3 or 4 days out of 7.
- Check-ins and check-outs for guests as needed.
- Managing the chalet equipment such as cots and high chairs and ensuring it is in the right chalet at the right time.
- Communicating any issues in a timely manner
- Helping to clean down the chalets at the end of the season
This is a flexible position so responsibilities may vary through the course of the season as the need arises.
Skills & Experience
- Previous chalet hosting or housekeeping experience
- Full driving license plus at least 3 years of driving experience (preferably including driving a van or minibus)
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- A reasonable level of spoken French
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to be self-starting and adaptable.
- Good communication skills
- An interest in the environment and sustainable hospitality
- Fluent or strong French skills
- Previous management experience
- Reasonable cooking ability
- Basic DIY skills
- Initial employment for the 22/23 winter season with the option to extend the position to a year-round permanent contract going forward.
- Competitive salary based on experience level. This is paid into a bank account of your choice on a monthly basis in arrears.
- Accommodation can be provided if needed
- Bonuses and regular team activities are allocated based on performance.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!