At Sunsail we strive to deliver the very best sailing holidays, giving customers amazing experiences on the water!
We share our customers’ passion for sailing and have built a reputation for unparalleled on-water holidays, customer service and reliability that ensures guests return time after time. Sailing adventures are specifically tailored to every single customer, it could be an adult group or family vacation, from flotilla charters or courses at our sailing schools, we design the perfect experience that they’ll never forget. Regardless of experience level or vessel preference, we have something to suit everybody.
Our flotilla holidays provide the perfect balance between sociable sailing and unobtrusive support. Working within our flotilla team really allows you to be part of our customer’s holiday; you will ensure the successful running of an organised itinerary exploring beautiful destinations. From daily briefings to punch parties and regattas; flotillas really bring new friends together.
Sunsail is currently recruiting flotilla technicians to work in the Mediterranean for the upcoming summer. Our roles are based in Greece and Croatia and could be based on a one-week or two-week flotilla route. Full and high-season roles are available and following successful summer placements; winter opportunities may be available.
Main duties will centre around the yachts, the base and ports of call. You and your lead boat team will be the face of the company. Working hours vary and you MUST be flexible to operational requirements. You may at times be required to assist with other flotillas or base duties. At the beginning and end of the season, you may be expected to carry out fleet re-fit/lay-up. During these periods the yachts are prepared for the upcoming season or put away for winter. This will include painting, cleaning, repairs and anything else required.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring the safety of all clients throughout the flotilla
- Greeting clients and assisting with boarding; followed by detailed on-board briefs covering safety and yacht systems
- Proactive and preventative daily maintenance, checks and repairs
- Engine servicing such as oil and filter checks/changes
- Maintenance of outboards for tenders
- Emergency call-outs for breakdowns on any of the fleet
- Completing turnaround service checks, repairs and yacht preparation
- Efficient stock control of necessary spare parts stored on the lead yacht
- Assisting the flotilla skipper with the safe mooring of yachts
- Assisting with the general running of the flotilla including any client queries or problems
- Socialising with guests
- Assisting with the organisation of social events including group meals, BBQ and Punch Parties
- Cleanliness & good presentation of the lead boat at all times
- Any other duties as directed by the Base Manager
What we are looking for
- Experience maintaining diesel engines and 2 & 4 stroke outboards
- Good understanding of 12V DC electrical systems and marine plumbing systems
- Practically minded-with an ability to solve problems
- Ability to work through pressurised conditions
- Experience in a customer-orientated environment
- Sociable and positive personality
- A strong teammate
- Yacht sailing experience is desirable
- Competitive industry standard salary
- Return travel from your home country to the base
- Staff deals on yacht holidays
- Global career opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities for top-performing team members
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!