We are a luxury chalet company, based in the resort of St Martin de Belleville in the 3 Valleys ski area. We operate 6 boutique ski chalets each with chef, host and driver teams. We have a staff of around 25, including management. We are an owner-operated business, now in our tenth year and we have developed a reputation for a luxurious yet friendly catered chalet service that is tailored to our guests’ needs. We have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service to our clients and our success depends on us finding the right team who share our passion.
We are seeking professional, motivated people with the desire to deliver the best possible standards. We require an experienced chef with a fine dining background (ideally with Michelin/AA Rosette experience). Our chef will preferably be classically trained and should be passionate about preparing stunningly presented and truly mouth-watering dishes. They will be expected to use their experience and flair to develop and deliver creative menus of the highest standard, whilst remaining entirely flexible with regard to the individual guests’ requirements.
You will be fully supported by our management team, who will regularly visit each chalet to liaise with the guests and to ensure that the White Mountain Chalets product is being delivered consistently across all chalets. You will therefore have the full support of management if there are problems that need sorting out; however, our employees will be expected to work on their own initiative and be capable of using their organisational skills to ensure the guests’ needs are always met – our employees are our biggest asset and the face of our company and make a real difference to our success.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Recognised catering qualification or extensive experience
- The extensive fine dining experience, preferable in Michelin or AA Rosette establishments or wide-ranging experience in high-end private dining (5-star chalets, yachts, private household etc.)
- Experience in working with customers
- Fluent English – both written and spoken
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
- Ideally hold a UK or EU driving license
- Menu design and planning for each group of guests
- Tailoring menus to cater to all guests’ needs and dietary requirements
- Preparation of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and five-course evening meal
- Shopping for and preparing breakfast and afternoon tea for the 2 days the chef will be off
- Catering for children’s and nannies’ high tea as required
- Maintaining food hygiene and general health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining area
- Keeping the kitchen and storage areas clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Responsibility for food procurement
- Working to an agreed budget and running through accounts weekly with management
- Managing chalet stocks
- Responsible for going down the mountain one day a week to do your food shop for the following week’s menu
- Assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Assisting with driving duties to/from the shops as required
- On changeover day, working as a team with the chalet hosts to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standard and ready and welcoming for guest arrival
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!