We are a luxury chalet company, based in the resort of St Martin de Belleville in the 3 Valleys ski area. We operate 7 boutique ski chalets each with chef, host and driver teams and offer both catered and self-catered chalet holidays. We have a staff of around 28, including management. We are an owner operated business, now in our eleventh year and we have developed a reputation for a luxurious yet friendly catered chalet service that is tailored to our guests’ needs. We have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service to our clients and our success depends on us finding the right team who share our passion. We are seeking professional, motivated people with the desire to deliver the best possible standards.
Our hosts are the main point of contact with our guests and should have a passion for providing excellent service and always putting the guests’ needs first. They must take pride in their work, have extremely high standards, be conscientious and considerate, have great social and conversational skills and enjoy working as part of a team. This will require a strong work ethic and an ability to self-motivate and manage responsibilities without constant guidance.
You will be fully supported by our management team, who will visit each chalet regularly to liaise with the guests and to ensure that the White Mountain Chalets product is being delivered consistently across all chalets at all times. You will therefore have the support of management at all times if there are problems that need sorting out; however, our employees will be expected to work on their own initiative and be capable of using their organisational skills to ensure the guests’ needs are always met – our employees are our biggest asset and the face of our company and make a real difference to our success.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Front of house service background ideally in 5* establishments with minimum 3 years fine dining and housekeeping experience
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and able to converse at all levels with colleagues and guests
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
- Must be fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Daily housekeeping, weekly changeover cleans, mid-week towel changes, deep cleans at the beginning, mid and end of season, daily laundry duties and other necessary cleaning to ensure the chalet is presented to the highest standards both inside and out at all times
- Setting up for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner and hosting/clearing up at both breakfast and dinner service.
- Serving clients drinks and canapes pre dinner
- Responsible for preparing the chalet laundry for collection and checking laundry on return
- On changeover days, working within your team to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standard and ready and welcoming for guest arrival
- Reporting to management immediately any matters relating to damage, health and safety, food hygiene, etc.
- Managing general chalet supplies (cleaning goods; lightbulbs; bathrooms supplies etc.)