For our upcoming summer season (mid June to mid September), we are looking for a creative chef to help craft our lunchtime and evening meal menus for our holiday and retreat guests.
Fresh-cooked, healthy, and varied meals are an integral part of the Lauvitel Lodge experience. You will work together with our Lodge Host and a sous-chef to plan, prepare, and cook all meals, with the freedom to bring your own ideas and flavours to complement our classic dishes and ‘Lodge favourites.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has prior relevant experience working in a professional kitchen.
- Is organised, adaptable and proactive.
- Is good at working independently.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Can work intensively while keeping a smile.
- Feels at home in the mountains.
- Is at ease in speaking French.
You will be preparing (with a helping pair of hands):
- Garden lunches à la carte – 10 to 50 covers between 12.00 and 14.30.
- 3 course evening meal for 10 to 30 guests.
- A balanced and diverse menu for long term stays.
- Food adapted to vegetarian retreats and other dietary requirements.
- Staff meals.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Showcase your expertise, with creativity and sensibility.
- Be adventurous, in and out of the kitchen.
- Work in a multicultural team.
- Live and work in an exceptionally beautiful natural environment.
- Mid June to mid September.
- Dependent on experience.
- Meals and comfortable private accommodation provided.
How to apply:
We welcome international candidates (short term visa for France or EU citizenship required).
Send your CV and cover letter detailing your previous relevant experience by clicking on the green “apply now” button in this vacancy.