We are looking for 3 European couples or pairs of close friends (Chalet hosts/chefs) for our team to work in our catered chalets in Bansko, Bulgaria. One of you should be experienced enough to cook healthy and wholesome food for large groups, but it is not necessary to be a professional cook and you will be given recipes to follow.
IMPORTANT: We can only accept candidates with an EU passport and/or those who already have the right to work in Bulgaria. Also, you need to be available from early December 2022 to Mid April 2023.
A keenness to provide a fabulous skiing holiday experience for our guests and maintain our outstanding reputation for customer service is essential. The ability to problem-solve, have a positive nature, work well under pressure and be autonomous are also essential qualities.
We are a small independent company dedicated to our staff and our guests alike. We hope that providing for our staff first, in return, will provide our clients with exceptional service. We are passionate about providing a great holiday experience and exceptional service so that our guests have the perfect skiing holiday and want to return year after year. All 3 of our Bansko chalets have won Travellers Choice awards and Certificates of Excellence from Trip Advisor.
Working for us
We are looking for team members who are customer-focused, hard-working, have lots of energy, enjoy meeting a diverse range of people and have a good sense of humour. Our positions would suit those who are self-directed and happy to take on any task to ensure our customers have a brilliant time.
Chalet Cook /Host Duties
In these roles, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer experience in the chalet. This will also include shopping and managing the weekly shopping budget, helping guests get the most out of their time in the resort, keeping the chalet sparkling clean, creating a warm and welcoming environment for the guests, and since our chalets are fully catered, this importantly involves preparing and serving high-quality breakfast and evening meals for the guests 6 days a week, using our pre-planned menus.
- Deliver an informative welcome speech, ensuring that all sales for après ski activities are maximized to achieve and wherever possible exceed targets set
- Represent Total Chalets at the ski rental shop assisting our guests with ski fit on their arrival
- Collection and distribution of pre-ordered ski passes
- Follow an agreed-upon weekly menu (catering to different dietary needs) and cook and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and 3-course dinner on 6 days
- Manage stock levels, food rotation, shopping lists and weekly budget
- Responsible for managing the transfer of guests to and from slopes, shops, and bars in our minibus
- Work together with an external cleaner on changeover day and check standards
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness (both personal and the chalet itself)
- Basic chalet cleaning and DIY maintenance day to day
- Build a rapport with the guests and positively add to their overall holiday experience
- Publish weekly photos for marketing purposes on our social media platforms – food served, the snow, chalet photos, resort, etc
Our package and benefits
We are a small British-owned company and we are on hand to help and support 24/7.
- Significantly higher than the average salary for hospitality work in Bulgaria
- Opportunity to earn big commissions on in-resort activities
- Cash bonus scheme based on achievements and reviews
- Breakfast and dinner on workdays
- Free ski/board hire for the season
- Free use of sauna, steam and pool at a nearby hotel
- Company uniform (t-shirts and hoodies)
- One full day off per week
- Discounts at some of the local bars/clubs
Working hours vary depending on how fast, organised and efficient you are. Also depending on guest numbers. Some weeks may have no guests and on those weeks the working hours are much lower but the pay stays the same.
- Monday from 7 am to 10 am and 5 pm to 9.30 pm
- Tuesday from 7 am to 10 am and 5 pm to 9.30 pm
- Wednesday – Day Off
- Thursday from 7 am to 10 am and 5 pm to 9.30 pm
- Friday from 7 am to 11 am and 5 pm to 9.30 pm (Weekly food shop in the morning)
- Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 9 pm (this is guest arrival/departure day)
- Sunday from 7 am to 10 am and 5 pm to 9.30 pm
We can help arrange accommodation and ski passes for you (deducted from your salary). You will have 2 weeks of training in all aspects of the Chalet including practice meals, budget keeping and minibus driving training.
Are you the couple we are looking for? Apply now!