The brief is simple. Help us to deliver amazing holiday experiences to our guests in some of the finest luxury ski chalets in the Alps.
As an Assistant Chalet Manager, you will be supporting a Senior Chalet Manager in one of our Exclusive Collection chalets to provide a seamless luxury chalet experience. You will therefore be supporting the Senior Chalet Manager in all aspects of service delivery; as such, we will expect you to be a strong brand ambassador and to share our passion for food and drink, as well as, of course, the mountains.
You will meet some amazing people, both your guests and of course your colleagues. You will work alongside several Chalet Hosts, for whom it will be your responsibility to train, mentor, and lead them by example throughout the season. You’ll therefore need leadership skills but also a strong teamwork ethic as this is very much a hands-on role. It’ll be hard work but hugely rewarding. Whilst we have extremely high expectations of our team, we also strive to create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into realistic shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore everything the resort has to offer. If you’re excited about working in some of the most exclusive properties in the Alps, why not join us in the spectacular surroundings of the French Alps for a season you will never forget?
- Lead the service of breakfast and dinner in the chalet, confidently presenting our menus and drinks to ensure that guests enjoy an amazing dining experience
- Build a rapport with your guests to put them at ease whilst on holiday – help them to plan their daily itinerary including making lunch suggestions / reservations and handling any other in-resort concierge requests
- You will be confident in driving so that you can transport guests to the slopes each morning ● Train, mentor and oversee your team’s work; You will also need to oversee the Chef to ensure your guest’s dietary requirements and preferences are met
- Take responsibility for the presentation of the chalet – both by supervising the work of your Chalet Hosts, and also through active hands-on involvement
- Produce accurate weekly reports covering various aspects of chalet operation and guest feedback
Skills & Experience
- Previous winter season experience is essential, as well as previous experience working in a 5-star hospitality environment
- Full driving licence required; Must be confident driving a minibus in winter conditions (training provided)
- Confident and passionate about the delivery of fantastic food and beverage service ● Cocktail and wine knowledge is advantageous
- Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments ● Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills – fluency in English is essential ● Experience of dealing with international clients of different backgrounds is also beneficial ● Organised and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail in all aspects of chalet presentation
- French Contract
- Excellent pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (shared room allocation)
- Lift pass (purchase provision) and winter equipment hire (e.g skis and boots)
- Meals whilst on duty or meal allowance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities
Working with The Boutique Chalet Company:
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role via the APPLY NOW button!