We are a luxury chalet company, based in the resort of St Martin de Belleville in the 3 Valleys ski area. We operate 7 boutique ski chalets each with chef, host and driver teams and offer both catered and self-catered chalet holidays. We have a staff of around 28, including management. We are an owner operated business, now in our eleventh year and we have developed a reputation for a luxurious yet friendly catered chalet service that is tailored to our guests’ needs. We have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service to our clients and our success depends on us finding the right team who share our passion. We are seeking professional, motivated people with the desire to deliver the best possible standards.
As the Operations Assistant, you will be assisting across the resort providing support to the Head of Housekeeping and Head of Vehicles & Maintenance.
You will be fully supported by our management team, who will visit each chalet regularly to liaise with the guests and to ensure that the White Mountain Chalets product is always being delivered consistently across chalets. You will therefore have the support of management at all times if there are problems that need sorting out; however, our employees will be expected to work on their own initiative and be capable of using their organisational skills to ensure the guests’ needs are always met – our employees are our biggest asset and the face of our company and make a real difference to our success.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Full UK or European/French driving license
- Must be at least 21 (for vehicle insurance purposes)
- Front of house service background ideally in 5* establishments with fine dining and housekeeping experience
- Previous experience of driving large vehicles and on snow is highly desirable
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and able to converse at all levels with colleagues and guests
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
- Must be fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Providing support to Head of Housekeeping and Head of Vehicles/Maintenance
- Guest ski pass collection
- Assist in handling and actioning in-resort client concierge (restaurants, massage etc)
- Assisting with changing over hot tubs on changeover days
- Responsible, along with Head of Housekeeping, for assisting in preparing the chalet laundry for changeover to ensure all the chalets have sufficient supplies
- Assisting with dressing gown management (washing and distributing children’s dressing gowns on changeover day)
- Supporting and assisting the team on weekly changeover cleans to ensure chalets are signed off and ready for incoming clients
- Checking chalets through the week to ensure they are presented and cleaned correctly by the host and resort assistant teams
- Logging maintenance and vehicle issues if Head of Maintenance is off
- Delivering supplies as directed by Head of Maintenance
- Driving phone shifts as required
- At times you may be required to cover host/driver shifts – on such occasions other tasks will not be asked of you.