Auberge La Douce Montagne is a hotel-restaurant with 15 rooms. The auberge is managed by Dutch owners. The hotel is located in Allemond, a village close to the Alpe d´Huez, in the middle of the French Alps. There is a restaurant/bar (breakfast buffet, lunch, drinks, dinner) that is open all day/evening. Many guests stay on a half-board basis (alternating three-course menu).
We offer a versatile job within an international team with a relaxed atmosphere. The living-/working environment is beautiful with plenty of outdoor sports opportunities in the immediate vicinity. You will work in a small kitchen team with who you are jointly responsible for the daily kitchen work (preparation of lunch/dinner). There are plenty of opportunities and opportunities to develop your creativity in the kitchen. Board and lodging (own room/apartment) are provided.
- Preparation/mise en place
- Preparation and distribution of dishes
- Preparation of staff meals
- Inventory management/orders
- Thinking about menu planning and recipes
- Cleaning kitchen / cold store, etc. + maintenance kitchen equipment
- Comply with HACCP rules and monitor hygiene
- Possibly: managing other kitchen employees
This is you:
- Completed chef training or similar or at least two years of cooking/kitchen experience
- Organizational strong
- Nice colleague with a sense of hospitality
- You speak English on a professional level (French and/or Dutch are a plus)
What do you get from us:
- Receive tips on top of your salary (shared with your other colleagues)
- Your own apartment
- All meals included
If you like cycling, hiking and/or trekking, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! Apply now!