Montagne Verte is an association registered in August 2019. Based in the ski-resort town of Morzine
(Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes) and funded by the community it serves, its mission is to
provide people, projects and skills to create a low carbon future for the Haut Chablais.
In collaborating closely with regional stakeholders, Montagne Verte aims to provide a valuable
resource that brings together all kinds of helpful information and support, allowing greener
decisions to be made more timely, and in doing so making the Haut Chablais a more sustainable
Climate change has caused the temperature in the Alps to rise at almost twice the global average.
With the loss of snow-cover expected to be about 35 per cent by 2035, it’s clear that everyone has a
part to play in the climate emergency, and Montagne Verte is working to ensure our community is
Currently our wet food waste is incinerated down in Thonon which produces enormous amounts of
emissions. To put an end to this, we are offering a door-to-door collection of bio-waste from hotels
restaurants, which can then be put into a methanizer near Evian and turned into electricity. We are
also investigating other methods to process the waste even more locally, such as micro
methanisation, composting, animal feed, cultivation. After a successful pilot phase of the bike waste
collection; we are launching a more ambitious phase during the 2023-2024 winter .
For the operational launch of the project, we are looking for a project manager cyclist.
Reporting into and overseen by the Sustainability Director, with support from the Responsible
Administrative and the General Manager
Once a week
- Plan your collection route to optimise distance, weight, number of stops and
amount of visits to customers
- Identify future customers and redirect them to your manager
- Make proposals to improve the service in terms of quality and productivity
3 days a week
- Coordinate the collection of a second cyclist and potential volunteers
- Deliver new buckets to interested new customers by bike and electric assisted trailer
- Collect waste by bike in a 13km radius until 250L or 125 Kg of waste ‘per trailer’ is collected
- Weigh the customers waste at each collection point
- Transport the waste to our holding facility in Montriond
- Park the bike and trailer at the warehouse
- Recharge the electric bike, and maintain it. Clean the trailer and make minor repairs.
- Enter the collections and weight data into an online form
- Report customer feedback to management, as well as areas of the route you feel are not suited to bicycles.
Once a month
- Draw up a spreadsheet of the number and weight of collections per client
- Review with another permanent staff member and fellow cyclist
- Email the reports to management for verification and distribution to the client
Optional: 2 days a week: help at the second-hand clothes shop – solidarity shop
○ Managing and handling the clothing stock
○ Sales support in the shop
This is an exciting role in a growing association, launched by motivated individuals and backed by
engaged funders, all of whom have realistic but ambitious plans. As well as being outside every day,
you will have the opportunity to help shape a brand new project, contributing your daily experience
and insight to improve the service.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Autonomy and physical fitness for cycling in the mountains throughout the winter
- Experience of supervising employees at a local level
- Basic use of a computer spreadsheet
- A minimum of conversational French
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Able to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Willingness to carry out a physical handling activity in the open air
- Organisation, stamina, regularity
- A mandatory interest in basic mechanical maintenance: bicycle and trailer
- An interest in working with the land: composting, planting
- Work independently as well as in a team
- An understanding and interest in climate and circular economy
Please e-mail a copy of your CV (in English or French) and cover letter (in English or French)