European Waterways is a hotel-barge company which offers luxury cruises. Our hotel-barge cruising on the different French canals, especially on the Canal de Bourgogne, the Canal de Nivernais, the Canal du Midi, and the Canal de la Marne au Rhin.
We are the owner and operator of 10 barges measuring from 30 to 39m. These barges are composed of a crew on board of 4 to 6 people to accommodate 8 or 12 guests maximum, depending on the size of the barge. The crew on board includes, at least, a pilot/captain, a tour guide/deckhand, a chef and a host.
Our tourist activity is seasonal and runs from April to the end of October. We are looking for hosts/hostesses, under seasonal definite contract.
Please note that you need to have a valid EU passport or hold authorization to work in France to be able to apply for this vacancy.
The main duties of a host/ess are :
- Housekeeping : cleaning cabins, salon, watering the saloon’s plants, ordering flowers.
- Serve at mealtimes: prepare breakfasts, aperitifs and drinks, describe the wine and cheese you serve.
- Taking care of the laundry.
- Make an inventory of the different stocks and watch them out: drinks, wine, cleaning products, breakfast stuff, etc.
- Prepare a clear shopping list for the chef and sometimes go shopping with him.
- Give a warm welcome to the guests: take care of them and anticipate their needs.
What is required?
- Having previous hospitality experience in the luxury sector, you will have an engaging personality, good organizational skills, and be a proven team player.
- You are EU resident or hold authorization to work in France.
What do you get?
- Post fed and housed.
- Salary according to experience from 2200 € gross monthly.
- Accommodation – personal cabin / Meals and Beverages / Uniform / Social security coverage.
Are you excited about this job opportunity? Apply today by clicking on the green “apply now” button!