Mountain Express SAS is an English-owned, French company providing competitively priced Private Airport Transfers linking Geneva/Chambery/Lyon/Grenoble Airport, to the Alpine resorts of the French Rhone Alpes. We provide year-round service for private Ski Transfers, Road Cycling Transfers, Mountain Bike Transfers and Alpine Holiday Transfers.
We offer a competitive package that includes:
- French contract: 35h/week + overtime available.
- A SINGLE ROOM in a large shared apartment in a prime location in Les Menuires Ski Resort (other packages available if arranging your own accommodation).
- Weekly performance bonus.
- Returners bonus which increases each season (some returners now get €1000 just for coming back!)
- Opportunity to ski from the doorstep of your accommodation.
- Full training for the job role including winter driving and route training.
- The training we provide, combined with your professionalism and people skills, can result in generous tips.
Documents and licences:
- EU passport (Essential)
- ONE of the following:
– Full C or D licence
– OR a D1 CPC driving licence (D1 with no 101 restrictions)
– OR a RoSPA advanced driver or Chauffeur certificate
OR a Taxi/Private Hire licence
OR 2 seasons/years of previous experience as a Professional driver if you only have a Cat B (car) licence.
- Minimum age 23 (for insurance reasons)
- Fit and healthy, able to pass a basic French Medical.
- No criminal record
- Professional, responsible, reliable.
We understand your motive for seeking seasonal employment in the Alps is to experience the fun and flavours of life both on and off the slopes and we very much hope you will enjoy your time with us in the mountains; however this is a responsible position that requires a responsible attitude.
If you feel you have the right attitude to join our friendly team and are ready to work hard when you’re on duty and your main leisure focus when off duty is to ski or snowboard and enjoy a relaxed and friendly social scene rather than partying hard every night then we’d like to hear from you.
Mountain Express has built a reputation for providing an excellent, reliable and professional service and our drivers must ensure that this reputation is upheld and enhanced.
- Genuine interest in driving.
On a typical weekend, you would normally be required to make two return journeys each day between resorts and airports which can easily total in the region of 500 km (approx. 300 miles) per day on a busy Saturday and maybe occasionally the same on Sunday. Each winter we have many returning drivers and this says all you need to know about how good it is to work for Mountain Express!
- Fluent English speaker (basic French useful but not essential)
- A positive and flexible ”can do” attitude to all duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly and outgoing & personal hygiene essential.
(A full job description including duties will be sent in reply to your application)
Are you the Transfer Driver we are looking for? Apply now!