Alpinium is the fastest-growing ski chalet company in the UK and we provide great quality holidays in the French Alps. Our guests are mainly from the UK and Ireland but we also attract guests from afar as South Africa and Russia.
Our staff is at the core of our product, interacting with our guests on a daily basis. Our guests expect great service with a smile and nothing is too much trouble. So the essential ingredient our team has is that they are all lovely people. The kind of people you would like to hang out with. Smart, punctual, vibrant, hard-working, interesting, sociable and fun.
Working a winter season in the French Alps is a highly rewarding experience, a good standard of health and stamina is required, it’s hard work but just the most fun you can have, all set in a fabulous environment. Winter sports, lots of social time, live music in the bars and mostly blue skies. The French Alps are one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
Our drivers are an integral part of the team and provide our guests with a valuable quality service. You will be required to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations throughout the winter season and ensure they have the best holiday ever! You must be a confident driver, winter driving conditions in the Alps can be amongst the most severe in the world.
Additional Desirable Experience
- Customer service and/or hospitality experience and professional housekeeping or evidence of cleaning to a high standard.
- Routine vehicle and simple property maintenance.
- YOU MUST HOLD A VALID EU DRIVING LICENSE OR INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE
- YOU MUST BE 23+ YEARS OLD (FOR VEHICLE INSURANCE)
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID EU PASSPORT OR ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN FRANCE
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner at all times and consistently throughout the season. Be presentable with a clean uniform at all times. You must be approachable and informative, smart and reliable, always.
- Carry out local shuttles and transfers as required. Help with luggage and on occasion show guests to their rooms.
- Provide resort, weather and snow conditions information daily.
- Always drive in compliance with French law and in compliance with company policies as set out in training, ensuring you carry the correct paperwork at all times.
- Carry out routine maintenance and cleaning on your designated vehicles.
- Liaise with guests proactively to ensure they have everything they require and are enjoying their holiday.
- Be knowledgeable about our chalets, resorts and the food and wine we serve.
- Deal with any issues or complaints calmly, immediately, competently and professionally offering a solution as quickly as possible and involving the chalet team if required. Actively promote ALPINIUM services and chalets.
- Report all complaints and any feedback (positive and negative).
- Apply conscientious practices for efficient energy management (use of electricity, heating, water, large appliances such as washing machines) and recycling and waste disposal. Ensure equipment is correctly handled and maintained with due care and attention.
- Paperwork: Complete and maintain various records.
- Maintenance: Carrying out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the chalet such as changing light bulbs. Record and report maintenance issues and breakages in a timely manner.
- Comply with all legislation, company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to Food
- Safety & Hygiene legislation, Health & Safety policy, HACCP & COSHH and Fire regulations at all times and ensure the necessary records are completed
- You will be required to assist in the chalets on a regular basis which will involve (but is not limited to) the following: snow clearing, housekeeping, preparation and service of food (continental breakfast & preparation of a Raclette buffet), hot tub/sauna/steam room preparation and disposing of chalet waste and recycling.
- Perform logistical tasks such as collecting and delivering food, laundry, wine and firewood.
- Provide local shuttles for guests to and from restaurants and bars as agreed.
Terms & Conditions
- GROSS PAY: 1900 euros per month (before taxes) – net pay approx 1300 euros per month
- 2 days off per week
- 39-hour week average
- 5 ski days per week minimum
- Accommodation available (2 sharing) 500 euro per month (x 5 months)
- Assistance with Ski Pass 100 euro per month (x 5 months)
- All food provided
- End-of-season travel refund 300 euros
- Holiday pay is accrued and paid at the end of the contract
What are you waiting for? Apply now with your CV with a recent picture and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for employment with us.