Excellent food is at the heart of an AliKats holiday and we work really hard to put together interesting and varied menus that will delight our guests. Almost everything is made from scratch using local, seasonal sustainable ingredients wherever possible. We are looking for a sous chef who understands and shares our values and will ensure that food is delivered in the chalets each day is of the highest quality.
This job would suit someone who likes a calm working environment and being part of a small close-knit team. The ideal candidate will be dedicated and trustworthy; be interested in sustainability and passionate about cooking delicious creative food.
Tasks & responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working alongside the head chef to prep the key elements of the evening meal 5 days per week for an average of up to 50 covers per day for the catered chalet and up to around 30 per day (but usually less) for the self-catered chalets. Including but not limited to preparing fresh stocks, sauces, preserves, canapés, vegetables, marinating meat, desserts & pastries.
- Preparing meals to meet specific dietary requirements & children’s meals.
- Placing food orders, shopping for ingredients, managing stock levels, etc.
- Working to a set menu and set budget.
- Maintaining excellent hygiene standards within the kitchen; correct food storage, washing up, cleaning fridges, freezers & store rooms, etc.
- Overseeing the packing & delivery of food to the chalets by the support team.
- Reducing food wastage & increasing efficiencies wherever possible.
- Helping to train the chalet cooks at the start of the season and ensuring that food is being served correctly in the chalets.
- Competitive weekly salary dependent on experience
- 2 full days off per week
- Full Portes du Soleil season pass worth c. €850
- Ski or snowboard equipment hire
- A budget of €100 towards travel costs to and from Morzine from the UK or equivalent
- Good standard of accommodation, all bills included.
- Food and drink whilst working
- Full training course prior to the start of the season.
- Holiday pay
- Excellent performance-based rewards in the form of monthly team activities and end of season bonus
If you want to be part of an exceptional team, to work hard and play hard this winter, then simply click on the apply now button – we look forward to hearing from you!