Tax Refund Information

In most countries employers make deductions from your gross pay for income tax. Many people find that after working in temporary employment in their home country or overseas that they are eligible to claim some of the tax they have paid back from the government.

This is something that you may pursue yourself, through the country’s tax authority websites, however there are many agencies that can organise this for you for a fee or percentage of the refund.

It is possible that some employers or contractors will require you to be registered as self-employed particularly if you are looking to work in the construction or security industries. In these circumstances, it would be likely that you would require a Unique Taxpayer reference number (UTR number) before you can start work. Applying for a UTR number can easily be managed with QuickRebates.


Here are some companies that we found who can help you claim your tax back, fees vary so always check their rate before you proceed with any claims:

UK Tax RefundsMillions of pounds of overpaid tax stay unclaimed every year – if you have been working in the UK, you could be due a tax refund. provides a tax refund service for anyone who has worked in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Gibraltar, Netherlands, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, UK or the US.

Tax Returned Ltd – Tax Returned Ltd help people claim back their tax rebates such as uniform washing allowance and mileage allowance.

QuickRebatesQuickRebates will take out all of the stress and hassle when it comes to claiming your Tax back. Have the peace of mind that your tax refund claim is being managed by qualified Income Tax professionals.

VAT ITVAT IT is an international company specialising in helping businesses reclaim VAT across the globe.