We run a thriving hotel business out of a privately owned manor house in the French Alps. We are looking for outgoing, upbeat and enthusiastic people to join The Farmhouse team this coming Summer season. We are already up and running so it will be an immediate start and we run through to mid-September 2022.
Please note that we can only accept applicants with an EU passport or those with a residence permit for France.
This summer we are hosting weddings most weekends, so we are looking for someone who has bar, waiting, housekeeping and event experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE
- Serve alcoholic / nonalcoholic drinks and cocktails.
- Keep the bar and sitting room clean and tidy.
- Responsible for cleaning the communal areas adjacent to the bar.
- Ensure the bar is well stocked and a weekly stocktake is carried out.
- Lock up the bar and The Farmhouse at the end of the night.
- Setting up, serving and clearing away breakfast.
- Servicing our 11 bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Changing over and cleaning rooms for new guests arriving.
- Arranging tables and chairs for the wedding ceremonies.
- Serving canapés, pouring wine and clearing up throughout the wedding reception.
- Setting up, serving and clearing away dinner on the wedding days.
- Be well presented and smart. Including a black shirt/blouse, black trousers/skirt and black shoes when on duty.
- You will need to work well in a team and be used to early mornings and late nights.
- Like everyone else on the team, you will have to be flexible with your work shifts and be prepared for changes as this is the hospitality industry!
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Central and comfortable accommodation at The Farmhouse.
- 35 hours per week.
- Two days off per week. One full day and two half days.
- 3 Meals a day.
- Competitive wage.
If you think this is for you, please send your CV to us with a passport-size photo and a cover letter explaining why you think you are the person for this position. This could be the start of a fantastic adventure!