Ice and Fire are now recruiting for the 2021/22 winter season
Ice and Fire are known for having experienced, confident and professional staff in all our chalets. We hire professional chefs and chalet hosts with front-of-house and Hotel/restaurant experience. Our team is of high standards across our four chalets.
Our chefs are employed for their years of creative experience and great knowledge of ingredients in order to create amazing, tasty dishes. Our chalet hosts should have proven experience in the catering and hospitality industry including housekeeping experience. We will provide training at the beginning of the season to ensure you make the most of your time in the mountains. Fluent English is required for all roles.
Applying for this position at least one of your couple needs to be a professional Chef, with professional chef experience working in restaurants and have experience in fine dining.
The role runs from December 2021 until the end of April 2022 so you will need to be available to work throughout this period. You need to have an EU Passport and/or the right to work in France i.e., a Carte de Sejour or an EU passport
Professional Chef Job Details and Responsibilities
From cooking and cleaning to food ordering and budgeting/stock control, you will be jointly responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the chalet.
The chalet chef role involves providing a cooked and continental breakfast, homemade afternoon tea and delicious, well-presented four-course evening meal 5 nights a week. The focus is on restaurant-quality cooking and presentation, in a relaxed homely environment.
The successful applicant will have proven professional cooking experience, a food hygiene qualification and experience in menu planning, kitchen cleaning, budgeting and cooking for people with dietary requirements.
- Menu design and planning
- Catering to all guests needs and dietary requirements
- Preparation of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés, and four-course evening meal
- Food Ordering and deliveries
- Maintaining food hygiene and general health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining area
- Keeping the kitchen and storage areas clean, tidy, and presentable at all times
- Responsibility for food procurement
- Budgeting and managing stock levels
- On changeover day, working as a team with the chalet host or hosts to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standard and ready and welcoming for guests
Chalet Host Job Details and Responsibilities
Working alongside the chalet chef you will be the life and soul of the chalet, looking after the guests and the property. The word flexibility sums up this role and you might find yourself doing anything from booking ski school to helping children with their boots.
As a chalet host, you are responsible for cleaning and tidying the chalet, serving meals, clearing snow and some basic maintenance, responding to guest requests and making your guests feel welcome and happy. The successful applicant will have relevant cleaning and customer service experience along with plenty of enthusiasm and a professional approach to their work.
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of your chalet
- Welcome your guests and settle them into the chalet
- Lay tables for Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Dinner
- Serve Guests at Breakfast and Dinner
- Provide a clean, warm, and welcoming atmosphere for your guests
- Provide an excellent level of customer service, strive to exceed guests’ expectations
- chalet cleanliness
- Daily cleaning
- weekly changeover deep clean in the chalet
- Ensure hygienic practices are maintained in your workplace
- Monitor health and safety standards in your chalet
- Keeping guest happy
- Snow clearing when needed
Why work for us?
- A highly competitive salary
- Great Package
- Travel to and from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Accommodation provided for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced-price lift pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Amazing experience
- 35 hour working week
- Two days off a week
- You are an EU Passport Holder and/or have the legal right to work in France
- Exceptional customer service and attention to detail
- A high level of spoken English
- Any previous experience as chalet staff would be considered a plus
- Professional Chef and host experience
- Pervious chalet host experience or experience in hospitality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being in a team
Apply today! If you have an Irish passport, EU passport, or the right to work in France we would love to hear from you.