About The Yacht Week & Quarterdeck
The Yacht Week is the original floating festival. Sail and explore picturesque pockets of the world with the freedom to map your own path through stunning islands and incredible parties.
Launched out of the simple understanding that friendly, high-quality service aboard a yacht is key to any successful trip at sea. Quarterdeck offers a new, dynamic way of training maritime staff, one that is current and industry-relevant. Quarterdeck trains all The Yacht Week Skippers & Hosts to ensure they are of the highest standard for the guests.
The Yacht Week Host
We are looking for the next set of talented hosts to work for us next summer! Working as a host for The Yacht Week means cooking delicious meals, showing guests the incredible local delights and dancing the night away with them under the stars in our world-class locations. Quarterdeck provides a tailored Academy which is a requirement for hosts that polishes current cooking skills in order to work with our sister companies The Yacht Week and Yachts & Friends, along with several other private charter partners in destinations such as Croatia,
Greece, Italy, Montenegro, British Virgin Islands, French Polynesia and many more. You’ll learn all the tips and tricks of how to cook on board a sailing yacht and how to give your crew an amazing week of holiday.
This is the perfect opportunity if you are passionate about hosting and cooking and up for
your next adventure!
A normal day as a host
07:00 – Wake up to make breakfast
09:00 – Clean up after breakfast and get the yacht ready for sailing
11:00 – Start preparing lunch
13:00 – Clean up after lunch and get the yacht ready for sailing
16:00 – Help skipper moor the yacht for the night
19:00 – Dinner with guests at the restaurant
22:00 – Join the party with your guests
Your course to success
1. Experience: You have strong foundation experience in a restaurant, cafe, chalet kitchen or at home.
2. Apply: Apply as a host and get accepted to our Host Academy course.
3. Host Academy: Complete our 1-week training course onboard yachts with skippers in training.
4. Set Sail: Accept the weeks you are assigned, book your flights and prepare for your new adventure.
What you can expect from us:
● Most academy graduates start with 5 weeks of work for The Yacht Week
● All expenses paid while working
● Earn up to €450 + tip per week!
● Live your life aboard luxury yachts
● Meet new friends from all over the world
Do you have what it takes to work for us? Then we would love to hear from you, apply now!