Camp Cooper is the UK’s leading American-style overnight summer camp based in Crieff (Scotland), for international & British campers aged 7-17.
At Camp Cooper, we actively encourage campers to develop life skills such as independence, confidence and leadership. We focus on forming friendships, inspiring creativity and having fun.
*IMPORTANT: We can only accept applications from those that have right-to-work status in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas.*
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated and competent tennis coach to join our team of activity specialists this summer.
*You do not need to have any tennis coaching qualifications to apply, as long as you are competent and confident you can lead a two-hour tennis session for 15 – 20 kids.*
Activity specialists have two responsibilities. Their first one is teaching an elective activity. Their second one is being a co-counselor in a cabin during certain parts of the day (mainly during mealtimes and evenings). For full information on what cabin groups are, please see our website. Activity Specialists teach between 1 -2 electives, based on their experience, skills and what our schedule requires.
The activity specialist roles are fully residential roles. The roles include food and accommodation.
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of young people aged 7-17
- Fluent in English
- Ability to be a positive role model for young people
- Experience in teaching at least one of the elective activities (for activity specialists)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Experience of working in a residential youth environment
- Experience of working with young people from a range of nationalities
- All applicants must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- All successful applicants must be available to work for the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- Staff get 1 day off per week, scheduled by the Camp
- The salary for working at our Crieff Camp is £2500. This includes room and board (the salary is subject to all normal UK taxes – e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)
- We can only accept applications from those that have right-to-work status in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas.
Summer Employment Dates (including staff training):
You will work at Camp Cooper Crieff – Approximately a 7-Week Commitment
- Start Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 (2pm)
- End Date: Saturday, August 13th, 2022 (6pm)
These dates include a mandatory 6-day staff training period.
Are you the Tennis Coach we are looking for? Apply now!