Subzero Coaching is a professional development and sports coaching company, based in Zermatt, Switzerland. We run ski instructor programs for all levels in autumn and winter, and private performance ski coaching all year round. Our specialist coaching aims to deliver holistic training and skill-building, focusing on what you want to achieve and working alongside you to get there. This means your win is our win, however big or small that might be.
Subzero Coaching is looking for Ski Instructors with a Level 2 (CSIA, BASI, APSI, NZSIA, IASI or equivalent) looking to work towards their ISIA. Participants of our ISIA Level 3 team have exclusive access to ski jobs in some of the best private ski schools in Zermatt. As our partners rely on us to find their new instructors; these positions are only available to our team members. We work with the highest-paying ski schools in Zermatt, guaranteeing the best deal to instructors. Teaching hours are available at Christmas, New Year, Feb Half Term and Easter.
Previous team members have easily reached 200+ hours in a season.
- Level 2 qualification
- Language ability: fluent second language highly regarded
- A year or more of experience in Snow sports instruction is highly regarded
- EU passport (for working opportunities)
- Up-to-date First Aid qualification
Who you are
- Enjoy a people-facing role, skiing and making a difference in a client’s holiday from good to unforgettable.
- Value professionalism, courtesy, and punctuality.
- Have a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude.
- Are an excellent communicator and have strong time management and organisational skills
- Enjoy working in a team, passionate about the ski instructor job
- Teaching skiing in a professional, fun and safe manner to clients of all backgrounds, and all ages
- Enabling clients to achieve their individual learning goals
- Ensuring you assist all clients and guests around the village in a friendly, informative and courteous manner
- Availability to work up to 7 days a week in the peak weeks, with occasional evening and weekend work
- High hourly rate provided
Run by Subzero Coaching, we offer a complete ISIA training programme in Zermatt, for 11 weeks throughout the winter season, from December to April. Going above and beyond training on snow, the course is run by a team of coaches with a broad experience in the areas of ski teaching, coaching and business management. Together we have created a package different from anything else you find.
Run in small groups, the course includes:
- Over 200 hours of training
- ISIA Tech and Teach-specific training including periodic video analysis sessions
- Off-piste and mountain safety training with specialised coaches and guides
- Second discipline training
- Race training in a dedicated week with the World Cup race coach & Freestyle sessions
- Ski service demonstration
- Professionally-run languages lessons
- Fitness training sessions with a qualified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Lectures on Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Customer Care and Communication Techniques
- Travel opportunities to other ski resorts.
Why ski with us
- Combined work & training experience
- Well-paid working opportunities
- Support in converting into European qualifications (if required)
- Active aid in building a network and insight into Europe’s ski industry
- Professional help in structuring your exam calendar and future work commitments
- Pro-deals on equipment
- After-season assistance with CVs and references
- Pastoral care; assistance in finding additional part-time work and finding accommodation
If this sounds like the right role for you, we would love to hear from you. Apply now!
Are you a Level 3 Instructor? Visit the vacancy page here