We seek a couple to work as bar and restaurant staff in a boutique hotel on the beautiful island of Skopelos in Greece. The hotel is closed until mid-May and we are looking for an energetic multi-talented couple who love an idyllic and peaceful lifestyle on a stunning beachfront location made famous in the Abba movie Mamma Mia, blessed with hot sunshine and emerald waters.
As Bar Supervisor in our stunning beach hotel restaurant on the most beautiful beach in Skopelos, we want you to take ownership of our bar and front-of-house restaurant operation and run it as your own. You are expected to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations week after week and ensure they have the best holiday ever!
Suitable for an ambitious young couple or an experienced bar manager looking for a sunshine break and who has a passion for quality food and beverages. Please note that you need to be an EU Passport Holder or already have the right to work in Greece.
- Busy bar and restaurant catering for 100+ covers throughout the day.
- Service and/or hospitality experience to a high standard.
- Design, plan and cost up a cool, credible and attractive drinks menu suitable for a mid-range hotel and beach visitors.
- Prepare and deliver the menu utilizing your team to its best effect.
- Liaise with management to competently and professionally offer solutions as quickly and effectively as possible. Actively promote IONISI food and drinks offer to guests.
- Report all complaints and any feedback (positive and negative) to the Manager.
- Go the extra mile on special occasions such as Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- Bar, service area and store management (cleaning and organisation).
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Hygiene legislation at all times, completing the necessary records.
- Ensure effective purchasing, portion and wastage control and stock control and maintain the correct levels of stock and appropriate storage of food, drink and cleaning supplies in order to not exceed the budget set for the season.
- Apply conscientious practices for efficient energy management, use of electricity, heating, water, large appliances and recycling and waste disposal. Ensure equipment is correctly handled and maintained with due care and attention.
- Adhere to the Daily and Weekly Cleaning Schedules.
- Paperwork: Complete and maintain various records.
- Maintenance: Carrying out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the hotel such as changing light bulbs. Record and report maintenance issues and breakages in a timely manner.
- Comply with all legislation, company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to Food Safety & Hygiene legislation, Health & Safety policy, HACCP & COSHH and Fire regulations at all times and ensure the necessary records are completed
Terms & Conditions
- EU Passport Holder
- GROSS PAY – €1800 per month before taxes
- 1 day off per week
- 40 Hour week average plus overtime as required
- Accommodation is provided free of charge.
- All meals are provided free of charge.
- End of season travel bonus: €250
- Holiday pay is accrued and paid end of the contract.
If you think you have what we are looking for and would like the opportunity to work in Greece please get in touch.