Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like-minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week-long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
Situated right at the heart of Alderney, The Georgian House is a much-loved pub with rooms, a restaurant and a garden. The Georgian is known for its legendary year-round calendar of events, from wild live music gigs to weddings, to ukulele sessions. The constant buzz of the cosy pub and the sunny garden makes it even more welcoming to both locals and visitors alike. We make the most of our island environment, from sourcing the best produce Alderney has to offer to specialising in outside catering and events in stunning unique locations. We’re looking for friendly staff with a passion for great customer service.
IMPORTANT: Please note that we can only accept applications from applicants with a UK passport or candidates that already have the right to work in the UK.
Role Overview and Duties
The job will be varied, and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with The Georgian House ethos.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Seating & greeting customers.
- Playing an active role on the floor and behind the bar on a daily basis.
- Delivering exceptional customer service throughout the restaurant experience.
- Have a good product knowledge of our menus including allergens.
- Selling and serving wine.
- Making and serving coffees and a range of hot beverages to company standards.
- Handling cash and till management.
- Taking restaurant and function bookings.
- Maintaining ambience and ensuring the best experience for customers.
- Setting up and closing of the restaurant.
- A good understanding and application of health and hygiene.
- Serving a range of drinks from ales to cocktails.
- Maintaining a clean bar area, stocking up, evening closing of the bar and cashing up.
Skills and experience needed
- 1-2 years of experience ideally in a restaurant setting, but other backgrounds are considered.
- Coffee experience preferred but not essential.
- Great social skills and energy.
- Motivation, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Good communication skills.
- A passion for great food, good wine, and the occasional cocktail!
- Can work hard but most importantly have fun!
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 5 days work per week, 2 days off.
- Outgoing flight from the UK.
- 20% discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, £25 weekly utility contribution.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Your birthday off.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!