Alp Leisure employs the very best people to care for our guests so we provide what we believe is a highly competitive all-around package. We are looking for a Chalet Host (couple) for the Ski season in Meribel. Each chalet team consists of 4 motivated, experienced individuals (chef, manager and chauffeur) who cover all aspects of our guests’ stay to an extremely high level – all members of the team need to work in harmony to ensure this. Applicants can apply as couples as well.
Please note that all applicants need to have an EU passport (Schengen Area) or Carte de Sejour and have the right to work in France. All applicants will also need a valid EU driving license and EU COVID Vaccination Certificate.
We are looking for conscientious chalet hosts to work in our 5-star chalets in Meribel who will assist with the daily cleaning to the highest standard plus assist the chalet manager in service and the general care of the guests. This will also include breakfast and afternoon tea service as well as some laundry duties. The job includes cleaning bathrooms, bedrooms and communal areas, serving afternoon tea, assisting with breakfast and evening service, small laundry items, ironing, etc and being on hand to cover any chalet staff illnesses. Hosts may be required to drive guests occasionally so a full driving license and confidence in driving in winter conditions is essential also some cooking experience is an added bonus.
Timekeeping, excellent standards of cleanliness and hygiene, as well as previous housekeeping experience in private homes, boats, or luxury chalets/hotels, are necessary attributes for this very important role. You should also have a minimum of 2 years of driving experience, a clean driving license and ideally experience of driving in mountains and winter conditions. You may be required to have a medical examination for this position and we may request a CRB check.
Housekeeping duties for all bedrooms, bathrooms and main living areas of the chalet Assistance in the service and provision of;
- Breakfast – Continental and/or Full English as required;
- Lunch and/or afternoon tea on request;
- Children’s suppers and canapés on request;
- Evening meal – The number of courses will vary from group to group
- Full overhaul of chalet once a week on change-over day, including thorough cleaning and identification of any maintenance issues.
- Reporting and ensuring guests are billed for any damage/breakages caused within the chalet; amenities and equipment i.e. Jacuzzi and sauna;
- Complete full chalet inventory at the start and end of the season;
- Weekly stock, damage/breakage report;
- Guest feedback on a weekly basis;
- Overseeing all chalet amenities and equipment i.e. Jacuzzi and sauna;
- Snow clearing as and when necessary.
- Driving Guests In-resort as and when necessary.
About The Package
- Travel to the resort and return at end of the season within Europe
- Good quality accommodation in apartments/shared chalets – all positions are ‘live-out
- Wages paid monthly in arrears
- One day off per week
- Season ski pass – One Valley or Three Valley with full cost refunded on completion of a successful season
- Ski or snowboard and boot hire
- Carte-Neige insurance
- French-based support team
Do you have what it takes to work for us? Then we would love to hear from you, apply now!