Chalet Host/Cook needed for the 21/22 Ski Season in France!
Join Ski Magic as Chalet Host/Cook, spoil your chalet guests and give them the experience of a lifetime while enjoying skiing in your free time.
About the position:
- Company: Ski Magic
- Function: Chalet Host/Cook
- Location: France
- Language: English
- Period: December to April
- Salary: €1786 per month gross
- Accommodation: Included
- Meals: Included while working
We are very proud of the fact that many of our guests return year after year and recommend Ski Magic to others. We are equally proud of the fact that many of our team return to work several seasons with Ski Magic. We are currently looking for reliable, honest and self-motivated people to join our team for the coming ski season.
Our staff comes to work in The Three Valleys because they want to ski or board on some of the best slopes in the World. You don’t have to be a good skier or boarder, in fact, you may be a complete beginner, but you should be a fairly sporty outdoor type of person to enjoy working a season in the Alps. The work is hard, with early mornings and some late nights. There are meals to prepare, toilets to clean, shopping and cooking, talking to guests and answering their questions and never losing your enthusiasm or your smile.
Our Chalet Host/Cook role is a very busy, fun role with lots of cooking, guest interaction and cleaning. Ski Magic hosts have a strong work ethic and are super-organized to ensure all the daily tasks are completed. Being a team player is essential, as is a sense of humor and reliable nature. Chalet hosts are required to prepare breakfast, afternoon tea and a three-course evening meal each day. Experience in catering for groups in a dinner party environment or in a restaurant is preferable. Chalet cooking courses are also a great way to gain relevant experience.
Cleaning is also an important part of the role as our guests have very high expectations: housekeeping positions in hotels and B&Bs are useful experiences for this side of the role. Singles, couples, friends and mature applicants are all welcome to apply for this position.
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of your chalet
- Welcome your guests and settle them into the chalet
- Prepare and serve a cooked breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 or 4-course evening meal
- in accordance with Ski Magic’s menu plan
- Stock control and purchase of catering supplies within budget
- Provide a clean, warm and welcoming atmosphere for your guests
- Provide an excellent level of customer service, strive to exceed guests’ expectations
Cleaning, health & safety
- Responsibility for chalet cleanliness, maintenance and inventory
- Ensure daily cleaning schedules are rigorously upheld and supplies maintained
- Perform a weekly changeover deep clean in the chalet
- Ensure hygienic practices are maintained in your workplace
- Monitor health and safety standards in your chalet
Communication and other tasks
- Report to the Resort Manager and Directors
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings
- Identify and suggest any improvements or initiatives to help customer satisfaction
- Proactively report any issues with the chalet’s equipment or Ski Magic service
- Complete company paperwork as required
- Prepare food and cleaning shopping lists and ensure stocks
Chalet Host Competencies and Experience
- We are welcoming applications for the 2021-2022 ski season from EU passport holders. For non- EU passport holders, the current agreement to work in France requires you to hold a valid carte de séjour/working holiday visa.
- Work experience in a catering environment is preferred but not essential
- Customer service experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working unsupervised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time-keeping and prioritization skills
- Positive outlook and strong work ethic
- Natural team player
Do you think you have what it takes to become our new Chalet Host/Cook? Please apply now!