Become a Concierge In Japan this Winter Season 2019/2020!
Are you passionate about the hospitality service and want to take your exceptional customer service and communication skills to the next level? Now is your chance! Apply today to become part of the Skye Niseko team and put your abilities to the test to exceed guest expectations in Japan this Winter season!
About the position:
- Company: Skye Niseko
- Function: Concierge
- Location: Japan
- Accommodation: Yes, subsidised
- Salary: Competitive hourly salary
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed guest expectations
- Handling any enquiries from the guests.
- Handling restaurant bookings.
- Handling lift ticket bookings.
- Handling ski/snowboard lessons and rentals.
- Handling transfer bookings.
- Assisting Front Desk, Bellman, and Ski Valet when necessary.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- English is a must, and the ability to speak a second language is a plus.
- 28 October 2019 to 05 April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,300 – 1,450 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Skye Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
Receive your pay every 2 weeks.Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM’s services
Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
For the best performing seasonal staff, Skye Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).