We run a thriving hotel business out of a privately owned manor house in the French Alps. We are looking for one Breakfast Chef / Kitchen Assistant to complete our team for the coming winter season 2022/2023.
We have 10 beautiful bedrooms and one suite that sleeps 24 – 30 guests and are situated in the heart of Morzine in the Haute Savoie region of France. Many of our guests return year after year to experience skiing in the Portes du Soleil, which is one of the world’s largest international ski areas with over 650 kilometers of piste.
Kitchen experience is a must! You must also have an EU passport or Carte de Séjour to apply for this position.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- 35 hours per week. This will be 3 mornings and 4 evenings for one person and 4 mornings and 3 evenings for the other person.
- The morning shifts will be:
– Preparing a cooked and continental breakfast for 20-30 Farmhouse guests as well as offering a daily special.
– Making afternoon tea for our guests.
– Preparing a healthy meal for the staff to be served early evening. This will extend to any Farmhouse guests who are children and require an earlier meal.
- The evening shifts will be :
– Assisting the Head Chef in the preparation of a 4 course set menu as well as canapés and petit fours.
- Ensure the kitchen/storerooms are kept to a very high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure all washing up is completed before leaving the kitchen at the end of each shift.
- Be well presented and smart – wearing clean chef whites and an apron at all times.
- You will need to work well in a team and be used to early mornings and late nights.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Live in or live out. Central and comfortable accommodation at The Farmhouse if required.
- Ski or snowboard hire, including boots.
- 3 meals a day for the days you are with us.
- 3 or 4 days off each week.
- Competitive wage
If you think this is for you please send your CV to us with a passport-size photo and a cover letter explaining why you think you are the person for this position. This could be the start of a fantastic adventure!