The Peligoni Club is a members-only retreat on Zakynthos, Greece, where food is an integral part of our guests’ holidays. We are looking for experienced chefs to take on the challenge of running our busy restaurants, whether based in our prep kitchen or in our open kitchens producing quality dishes, our chefs are team players looking for a challenge who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
Our kitchen team provides an array of interesting varied meal options to suit all tastes, across three busy restaurants focusing mainly on a mix of Mediterranean and Modern European cuisine. We also host a number of weekly events, including a Food Festival with ‘street food’ style pop-ups and family feasts.
Throughout the low season, we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in its fourth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike. In previous years we have been joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer and Gill Meller, to name a few and this summer is set to be another great series with feasts from the Gladwin Brothers, Elizabeth Haigh, Neil Rankin and more.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage a section within the kitchen
- Work on events on our weekly agenda as and when required
- Work on events such as weddings and Guest Chef feasts as and when required
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time, you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem-solving and adapting in the kitchen
- EU Passport Holder
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a fast-paced tapas-style restaurant is desirable
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for the entire season (ASAP-September/October)
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!