We are looking for a Senior Chalet Manager and Chef couple to join us for the 2022-23 winter season to head up our Meribel chalet based in Meribel 1600. We want to hear from like-minded individuals who are looking for their next challenge and who share our passion for food and drink, as well as, of course, the mountains.
The Senior Chalet Manager will be the primary point of contact for guests and will therefore take the lead on all aspects of service delivery. Working alongside 3 Chalet Hosts and the Chef, they must be a strong brand ambassador and lead the team by example. It will be their responsibility to train and mentor the Chalet Hosts throughout the season and ensure high standards are upheld. Leadership skills are therefore essential, but also a strong teamwork ethic as this is very much a hands-on role.
The Chef will be responsible for delivering an exceptional dining experience to guests, which should aim to be akin to dining at a fine dining restaurant, with a couple of more relaxed-style evenings to create a balance throughout the week. You will have the opportunity to train in our signature dishes, including Kaiseki – our Japanese fine dining experience – as well as use your creativity to refine your own style and menus to go above and beyond and really create that ‘wow’ factor for our guests.
It’ll be hard work but hugely rewarding. Whilst we have extremely high expectations of our team, we also strive to create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into realistic shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore everything the resort has to offer. If you’re excited about working in some of the most exclusive properties in the Alps, why not join us in the spectacular surroundings of the French Alps for a season you will never forget?
Main Responsibilities – Manager:
- Lead the service of breakfast and dinner in the chalet, confidently presenting our menus and drinks to ensure that guests enjoy an amazing dining experience.
- Build a rapport with your guests to put them at ease whilst on holiday – help them to plan their daily itinerary including making lunch suggestions/reservations and handling any other in-resort concierge requests.
- You will be confident in driving so that you can transport guests to the slopes each morning.
- Train, mentor and oversee your team’s work; You will also need to oversee the Chef to ensure your guest’s dietary requirements and preferences are met.
- Take overall responsibility for the presentation of the chalet – both by supervising the work of your Chalet Hosts and also through active hands-on involvement.
- Produce accurate weekly reports covering various aspects of chalet operation and guest feedback.
Main Responsibilities – Chef:
- Plan balanced, varied and creative menus for breakfasts and dinners, which are tailored to specific guest requests; Also prepare staff meals as required
- Work within an allocated budget and submit weekly menu plans and spend reports
- Support the Front of House teams as required and always take the lead in ensuring the kitchen is presented to high standards of cleanliness at all times
- Maintain high levels of food hygiene during all preparation and service tasks, completing HACCP records as required
- Prepared to work in an open kitchen, be observed by guests and demonstrate your passion for food on a daily basis
SENIOR CHALET MANAGER & CHEF COUPLE – Meribel
Skills & Experience
- Previous winter season experience is essential, as well as previous experience working in a 5-star hospitality environment
- Chef: Professional cheffing experience, either in private dining or a restaurant with a strong understanding of fine dining
- Confident and passionate about the delivery of fantastic food and beverage service
- Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills – fluency in English is essential
- Experience in dealing with international clients of different backgrounds is also beneficial
- Organised and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail in all aspects of chalet presentation
- Full driving licence required; Must be confident driving a minibus in winter conditions (training provided)
- French Contract
- Excellent pre-arranged accommodation (private apartment across the road from the chalet)
- Lift pass (purchase provision)
- Winter equipment hire (e.g skis and boots)
- Meals whilst on duty
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development
Are you the couple we are looking for? Apply now!