More Mountain is a forward-thinking company that strives to give our guests an unforgettable holiday experience. We’re very proud of our reputation. We are well known for having amazing chalets and apartments, awesome staff and incredible service. Our employees are the face of our business, they make or break our holiday experience so therefore it is safe to say YOU are the key to our success.
We started as a Winter Ski Chalet Operation, however, we now have a thriving Summer Mountain Bike and Family Activity Holiday Summer business here in Morzine during the months of June, July and August.
- DUAL UK/EU COUNTRY CITIZENSHIP OR OTHER EU PASSPORT OR EU VISA HOLDERS.
- UK NATIONALS WITH A VALID FRENCH CARTE DE SEJOUR.
If you are a UK Citizen – Willingness to use your 90 (out of 180) day allowance to work in France with a work permit – Mid June – Mid September Summer Season 2022 ONLY
SUMMER Season Chalet Host Couples – Be part of the BEST team in Morzine!
Why Work for us?
More Mountain is a friendly and vibrant, privately owned ski business with over 14 years of experience in the ski industry and a portfolio of over 30 properties in Morzine. We’re very proud of our reputation. We are well known for having amazing chalets and apartments, awesome staff and incredible service. Our employees are the face of our business, they make or break our holiday experience so therefore it is safe to say YOU are the key to our success.
The Job Itself
We offer a seasonal CDD French Contract of Employment for the duration of time you work with us in the Summer season which means you are employed on the french system with a French contract of employment.
As a chalet host you will be responsible for :
- Being enthusiastic at all times and dedicating yourself to excellent customer service
- Cooking and Hosting: Providing a “Dinner Party” experience on the 5 nights you cater to your guests
- Cooking 3-course evening meals
- Cooking breakfasts and Baking Cakes
- Offering daily advice for the slopes & driving guests to and from the ski lifts
- Cleaning and maintaining your chalet
- Weekly changeovers and deep chalet cleans
- Maintaining Hot Tubs
- Liaising with Transfer Companies, Ski Hire Companies and Ski Schools
- Accounts and Budget Responsibility
- Shopping & Stock Control
- Basic Chalet Maintenance
- Being Flexible and Adaptable to guest needs at all times.
At More Mountain, we give you the autonomy to run your own chalet as if it was your own business. You are the face of More Mountain, delivering our company promise of a seamless service from the moment our guests arrive to the moment they leave, making them feel relaxed and welcome.
In return, we offer a great package in a fun environment with like-minded people who support you. We have a great reputation so be part of it!
- Excellent Weekly Basic Salary (€250 pp per week) + Tips and Honesty Bar profits
- Quality Staff Accommodation in central Morzine
- 2 Week Comprehensive Chalet Training and Cookery Course
- 1.5 Days off per week
- Multi-Pass Summer
- Contribution to Travel to Resort (€150 Euros per couple)
Ideally, you will have worked in Hospitality or Customer facing sales, Marketing or Retail roles. A passion for cooking, chatting with people and hosting dinner parties is essential. Because we give you the autonomy to run your own chalet as if it was your own business, the desire to be self-sufficient and accountable at all times is imperative.
Chef experience is not a prerequisite, however, one of you needs to demonstrate you are a good and competent cook. Any professional cooking experience is a bonus. You must be great at entertaining, chatting to people and making conversation. At the same time must also demonstrate a good eye for detail as you will be cleaning and maintaining your property to an extremely high standard daily.
We’d like you to be educated to a degree level and have at least 2 years of work experience in a commercial role where you have had to deal with people on a face-to-face basis regularly. You may be on a career break or looking to take a sabbatical.
You must both hold a valid driving licence as you may need to drive an 8 seater minibus around the resort.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!