We are looking for a couple! One in the couple must be a professional chef with restaurant and fine dining experience and the other have experience in hosting, looking after customers and cleaning.
Ice and Fire are known for having experienced, confident and professional staff in all our chalets. We hire professional chefs and chalet hosts with front-of-house and Hotel/restaurant experience. Our team is of high standards across our four chalets. Our chefs are employed for their years of creative experience and great knowledge of ingredients in order to create amazing, tasty dishes. Our chalet hosts should have a proven experience in the catering and hospitality industry including housekeeping experience.
IMPORTANT: You both need to have an EU Passport and/or you should already have the right to work in France i.e. a Carte de Sejour or EU Passport to apply for these roles.
We will provide training at the beginning of the season to ensure you make the most of your time in the mountains. Fluent English is required for all roles. The role runs from December 2022 until the end of April 2023 so you will need to be available to work throughout this period. You need to have an EU Passport and/or the right to work in France i.e., a Carte de Sejour or an EU passport.
From cooking and cleaning to food ordering and budgeting/stock control, you will be jointly responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the chalet. The chalet chef role involves providing a cooked and continental breakfast, homemade afternoon tea and a delicious, well-presented four-course evening meal 5 nights a week. The
focus is on restaurant-quality cooking and presentation, in a relaxed homely environment. The successful applicant will have proven professional cooking experience, a food hygiene qualification and experience in menu planning, kitchen cleaning, budgeting and cooking for people with dietary requirements.
- Menu design and planning
- Catering to all guests’ needs and dietary requirements
- Preparation of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and four-course evening meal
- Food Ordering and deliveries
- Maintaining food hygiene and general health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining area
- Keeping the kitchen and storage areas clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Responsibility for food procurement
- Budgeting and managing stock levels
- On changeover day, working as a team with the chalet host or hosts to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standard and ready and welcoming for guests
Working alongside the chalet chef you will be the life and soul of the chalet, looking after the guests and the property. The word flexibility sums up this role and you might find yourself doing anything from booking ski school to helping children with their boots.
As a chalet host, you are responsible for cleaning and tidying the chalet, serving meals, clearing snow and some basic maintenance, responding to guest requests and making your guests feel welcome and happy. The successful applicant will have relevant cleaning and customer service experience along with plenty of enthusiasm and a professional approach to their work.
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of your chalet
- Welcome your guests and settle them into the chalet
- Lay tables for Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Dinner
- Serve Guests at Breakfast and Dinner
- Provide a clean, warm, and welcoming atmosphere for your guests
- Provide an excellent level of customer service, strive to exceed guests’ expectations
- Daily cleaning + weekly changeover deep clean in the chalet
- Ensure hygienic practices are maintained in your workplace
- Monitor health and safety standards in your chalet: Keeping guests happy, snow clearing when needed, looking after the property, helping guests to book ski school lessons, etc
Why work for us?
- A highly competitive salary
- Great Package
- Return travel from your home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Accommodation is provided for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/or snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced-price lift pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Amazing experience in the French Alps
- 35-hour working week
- Two days off a week
- You are both EU Passport Holders and/or you already have the legal right to work in France
- Exceptional customer service and attention to detail
- A high level of spoken English
- Any previous experience as chalet staff would be considered a plus
Are you the couple we are looking for? Apply today! If you both have an Irish passport, EU passport or the right to work in France we would love to hear from you.