Kaluma places a lot of weight on the quality of food we provide. For our guests, the food in their luxury chalet is often as important as the skiing and we believe that what we offer sets us apart from our competitors.
All chefs working in Kaluma catered chalets are experienced professionals, hired due to their professionalism and experience in the industry. We provide a generous budget and allow our chefs menu autonomy, expecting in return well-balanced, flavoursome and beautifully presented dishes, catering to specific needs and requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: AN EU PASSPORT or AN EU WORK PERMIT or VISA is necessary to be considered for this role. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO THE WHOLE WINTER SEASON: DECEMBER – MAY 2023.
The main duties of the role are outlined below. This is not an exhaustive statement of the duties required and employees may be required to assist by performing duties normally undertaken by others. In principle the chef will be the sole chalet chef, however, in larger chalets, there may be the added benefit of a kitchen hand/helper.
To provide exceptional daily meals, ensuring well-balanced food is served and our guests receive excellent levels of service at all times. Maintaining an efficient, clean, safe and cost-effective kitchen. Helping to manage a smooth and efficient operation in a resort with exceptionally high standards. To offer meals that exceed guest expectations, meals that are creative, exciting and continually offer the ‘wow’ factor.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A recognised qualification in professional cookery and/or a training background in high end
- Solid experience in restaurant kitchens, private households, super-yachts or luxury private dining.
- Previous seasonal experience with a luxury operator is preferable.
- Minimum age of 25 years
- Experience with various dietary requirements and allergy management
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in our offerings to our guests
- EU passport, EU work permit or already in the possession of a visa at the time of application.
- Verbal English to a good level
- Full clean driving license (preferred but not essential)
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Including but not limited to:
- Preparation and assistance with service of breakfast, afternoon tea and evening dinner. Meals should
be fresh, creative, balanced and well presented, following the below format:
– Breakfast: An artisan-style, comprehensive buffet with daily fresh hot options (5 days a week).
– Afternoon Snacks: Homemade sweet or savory dishes. (7 days a week).
– Evening dinner: Consisting of at least 2 variations of canapes, starter, main course, dessert and
cheese board – or as pre-requested by guests (5 days a week).
- Meals provided should always be of a fine-dining quality, in accordance to Kaluma’s guidelines.
- Ordering of or shopping for all food items from nominated suppliers and checking that any goods
delivered to the chalet are as ordered and correct in quantity.
- Ensuring maximum use of all food stocks and limiting wastage through stock takes and creative
- Maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area, paying particular attention to
health and hygiene standards.
- Management of the chalet kitchen to budgets set for food and cleanliness to HAACP requirements.
- Complete all financial and non-financial paperwork accurately and on time.
- Consulting and Socialising with chalet guests, to ensure correct menu plans, dietary provisions and to
help create an ambience in the chalet where the guests feel welcome and relaxed at all times.
TRAINING, REPORTING AND MANAGEMENT
All chefs will need to complete a training course and cooking demonstration before the commencement of full working duties. In-resort you will report directly to your Chalet Management and Company Directors
WHAT WE OFFER
We want a happy team. It’s always service with a smile. We take great pride in our team and will always make sure we do our very best for all team members. We have a team of dedicated professionals to run our training course, which covers everything related to luxury hospitality and the “Kaluma Service”. You will benefit from a local French / Austrian contract:
- Industry-standard wages as per the country-specific industry wage tables
- Great accommodation (offered & included if required)
- Lift passes (subsidised in resort)
- Insurances (as part of your registration with national health services)
- Equipment (included in your contract)
- Meals in chalets when at work
- Tips and benefits
- On-going training and support
- Access to further recruitment opportunities
If you are prepared to work hard and enjoy your time in the mountains then please apply now with your cover letter and most up-to-date picture. Please include any food pictures, Instagram accounts or menu plans that would support your application.